Half Her Heart's Duet, Cynthia Sheppard (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2009   #31
Massive work, outstanding!

Old 03 March 2009   #32
I see where you're coming from.

I'm not exactly sure if I'm accurate because my anatomy isn't that great, but the length of her upper arm seems the same length as her shin--or even longer. Even though it's foreshortened, i don't believe it should be that short. It might be just me, but she also seems barely balanced on the fence.

I hope you don't mind if I made a paint-over:

It's not of humongous importance, but I do believe correcting these could boost a great piece to a godly piece. I believe in conveying a feeling/story/emotion before conveying only a technically great piece, but when you consummately have both!

Old 03 March 2009   #33
I hope this great artwork will go to Cg choice award, it deserve!!

Keep going!

Old 04 April 2009   #34
there is a lot going on here..

i am able to imagine some back stories ..
perhaps the most beautiful part is her expressions. never seen such in quite some time.
colors and composition work very well too. (maybe i wud like them to be a bit desaturated? but that's just me )
this is a cg painting in a long time of which, i wud love to own a print and hang in my room.

Old 04 April 2009   #35
In the next frame the man behind her drops a bucket of water on her?

Old 04 April 2009   #36
Congratulations.

Old 04 April 2009   #37
Originally Posted by YihyoungLi: It's not of humongous importance, but I do believe correcting these could boost a great piece to a godly piece. I believe in conveying a feeling/story/emotion before conveying only a technically great piece, but when you consummately have both!

Actually your paintover shows that you have a very GOOD grasp of anatomy! And I certainly can't argue that having both a technically great piece and a great story makes the best illustrative art. I'm still thinking it's a matter of definition in the dress - it looks from the paintover it might be unclear where her butt is, and that it's resting on the fence, because of how the dress is flouncing. In your drawing, we're also assuming that the butt isn't conforming to the shape of the fence beam, but it's sitting on top flat like a chair. If it had a bit more "smoosh" to it, we might see the knees raise up a bit, lengthening the shins, but I know that's a really really nitpicky detail, and I appreciate the time you took to illustrate your point. It's something I'll keep in mind the next time I work under a poofy dress

Old 04 April 2009   #38
cool you made it! Great now every time I look at it I see short legs. It's still fantastic! I think howell has it right. we've all been there. I've been full time Illustrator for 25 years and still forget...it's just my reference. do pencils first. then do a tight pencil.

Last edited by rownd : 04 April 2009 at 01:55 PM.

Old 04 April 2009   #39
Incredible work! It reminds me a bit one of Marta's Dahlig images with flying fishes and umbrella, aspecialy the sky and dress. Very well painted.

Old 04 April 2009   #40
beautiful work

Old 04 April 2009   #41
Thumbs up nice work

Wonderful colors! I like it, those details are amazing! But I can't ignore her short shin.

Old 04 April 2009   #42
As said again and again... excellent work.

You did great on the details, but more importantly you captured the essence - something that all the detail in the world can't do, and without that it would just be another lifeless work of technology.

Somehow... i have... visions of Tara - - "Gone with the Wind" -

A very contemplative, thought-provoking piece - demands time taken to drink it in.
Were it in a gallery, I would be sitting on a bench in front of it for a long time.

Way to go!

Old 04 April 2009   #43
absolutely stunning! I was blown away by your work, and it doesnt happen often to me!
this is just perfect, the mood the idea, the colors, composition, feels like a masterpiece to me.
way to go! I am definitely your fan now.

Old 04 April 2009   #44
so beautyful i like it

Model of the world's free download website

Old 04 April 2009   #45
Thumbs up

congrats on the choice award, you really deserve it.

and again one of the most beautiful paintings i have ever seen.

Thread Closed share thread