Half Her Heart's Duet, Cynthia Sheppard (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2009   #16
Originally Posted by Picky: Cynthia,

This is a beautiful illustration. The spectrum of colors is very rich and pleasing to the eye. The character is gorgeous and it tells the story without you having to explain it. I really appreciate that aspect of the painting. I would love to know more about the symbolism (the burning note pages) but it is fine if you do leave it to our own interpretation
Anatomy is good ( hands are spot on, good attitude about spending time on something so important) but I would love to see her eyes a bit larger. You have illustrated her sadness well, perhaps larger eyes woud have more impact. Don't know, it is just something personal I guess.

Your work is very inspirational. Take care!

It might be personal, but it's a good comment- Eyes are often what draw us in; If it were a portrait I wouldn't change it, but since it's an original character I would consider doing that if I reworked her.

My husband came up with a lot of conjecture about who she might be while I was working, but I always like to leave at least a little open to interpretation. In my mind, she's been raised on a farm, maybe in a distant world, and never really adapted to farm life. I guess she's a bit of a Dorothy-meets-Alice style dreamer. I like to think she's dreaming of being completed - that someday her song will be finished...

Thanks!

Old 03 March 2009   #17
Just wow and 5 stars!

Regards,

Johan

Old 03 March 2009   #18
well Done!!!

Old 03 March 2009   #19
Hello Cynthia,
what is she playing ? an explosive melody of colors !
partitions are about to lose control ! i would like to hear more...
cool work ! [thumbs up]

Old 03 March 2009   #20
I love the movement and the light. The hands are spectacular!

I think the bottom half of her body is kind of small/short. Maybe some more refinement on the fence too?

Excellent painting!

Old 03 March 2009   #21
This is a masterpiece! 5 stars are not enough, congrtulations!

Massive update to my site, tons of new art!

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.
Roy Batty, replicant.

Old 03 March 2009   #22
Outstanding!

This is truly amazing Cynthia. Great colors and layout...Absolutely a wonderful piece.
Randy

Old 03 March 2009   #23
Thumbs up

so beautiful!
I very like your work!
very very nice

Old 03 March 2009   #24
beautiful colors...

awesome work man.
www.wildchildvfx.blogspot.com

Old 03 March 2009   #25
You have handled the details very well and the emotional value of the painting communicates accordingly and exceptional work, thanks for sharing.

Old 03 March 2009   #26
Thumbs up

omg! great work!

Old 03 March 2009   #27
Thumbs up

its... and the colors... and the spirit of the painting... the symbolism... and light... and more colors... WOW absolutely beautiful, love it love itevrything else has been said already.

i have a question though... why is this not a choice award??

Old 03 March 2009   #28
Great work of art, my compliments!

Old 03 March 2009   #29
Originally Posted by fatalix32: i have a question though... why is this not a choice award??

Awww, that's very very nice of you to say. One of my pieces from 2 years ago made choice and I would definitely prefer it have been this one instead, but it's ok. Thanks

Old 03 March 2009   #30
Originally Posted by YihyoungLi: I love the movement and the light. The hands are spectacular!

I think the bottom half of her body is kind of small/short. Maybe some more refinement on the fence too?

Excellent painting!

I'm with you on the fence; I didn't want it to take away from the vines or the dress, but maybe some more texture would have popped it, and made it a bit more consistent with the level of detail elsewhere. As far as the legs go, she's sitting, so it should be foreshortened, but maybe some additional highlights/shadows on the dress would have made that more clear? What do you think would improve that area? Thanks for the crit

Thread Closed share thread