A Dog Under A Dead Tree, Socar Myles (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2003   #17
First of all, thanks for all the comments, guys!

Second, I think quite a few of you are a little unfamiliar with whippet anatomy. They are very bizarre-looking dogs which have long legs and thin, muscular bodies--in other words, no, there's no other animal mixed into the anatomy here.

killer1.0 - Thanks very much!

jtk77 - Thank you! I'm afraid I am not selling prints of this one...but I'm flattered that you'd get one.

Hexodam - Glad you like it!

Eklettica - Haha, yeah, I think I remember you saying that! I'm flattered.

plaguelord - Thanks so much!

fiercestudios - Thank you--glad you like my work! Dogs come in all shapes and sizes, and whippets certainly are on the funny-looking side of things.

icr82nz - Thank you for pointing that out, about the whippet anatomy! I'm glad you like my image!

Adam - Thank you! I had no plans of changing anything, anyhow--the dog's owner is satisfied with the likeness.

My Fault - Thanks! I will be doing more rats soon, when I get a little time to myself!

Levitateme - Thank you! He's not my dog, though...I don't have a dog. (I wish I did, though! Dogs rule.)

Girn26 - See above....

www.gorblimey.com - art
www.rattysghost.com - personal

Old 07 July 2003   #18
MYLES is absolutely right. Whippets are very unusual. Many of you are criticizing these paintings based upon what you know about dogs. But whippets aren't like most dogs. They look like a small, exaggerated greyhound.

The dear legs are perfect.

Good job on the paintings, btw. I think I liked the first version of the third painting better, though... Beautiful work on both parts, nonetheless.

Old 07 July 2003   #19
Very nice....

Old 07 July 2003   #20
Great!

What software/tools did you use?

Old 07 July 2003   #21
hey since so many thing this isn't a real dog, I figured I'd post a couple pics of my Whippet.
Socar MYLES acualy got it pretty dead on, I was suprised, so many people mess up the Whippets funny expressive face. But , he got it.
check it out and see if you are so inclined.

http://www.artificialempire.com/h4.jpg

http://www.artificialempire.com/h3.jpg

http://www.artificialempire.com/h2.jpg

Last edited by jtk77 : 07 July 2003 at 01:00 AM.

Old 07 July 2003   #22
"he" ??! LOL

Great work Socar. I can't help thinking that the tree looks like it's about to eat!! the dog though....

.....sorry, I've just got a thing for anything Ent-like

homepage:www.anthonyrosbottom.com

Old 07 July 2003   #23
oh..yea sorry haha

Old 07 July 2003   #24
Wow great stuff man. Just look at his eyes, man this is so tuching BTW it's a boy or a girl ( the dog

The tree is also superb

Old 07 July 2003   #25
excellent work...like the style seems unusual to see a dog in a mystical setting so its kinda refreshing....i'd also like to say i like the other ones you did...maybe even more.
top job...

Henry Moore

Old 07 July 2003   #26
Hi Socar

As you know I simply love you’re stile... Full of little schism elements and deformations.

I only hope next works arrived without this time-space...

Great work!

Old 07 July 2003   #27
symantix - Thank you very much--glad you like it! I am also more fond of the first version, myself...but it is true that it matches the other paintings in the series better this way. The customer is always right, as they say.

eYadneSs - Thank you!

Ac0rN - I used Photoshop 7 and a Wacom tablet...the usual.

jtk77 - Thank you very much for the vote of confidence! You have a beautiful whippet, by the way!

Bliz - Thanks very much! Hehe, I was actually tempted to draw some eyes on the tree, because the roots look like a mouth...but I don't think that'd have gone over too well.

Atmos_Fear - Thank you! The dog is a boy, I think. 99% sure.

flingster - Thanks! I like to put animals in this kind of setting...it's fun. Glad you like my other work too.

Gotham - Thank you! I will try to post more art soon, but I'm going to be without Internet access for 15 days starting on the 10th of this month, and next month, I'm moving to Canada, so not much art will be getting posted online for a while.

www.gorblimey.com - art
www.rattysghost.com - personal

Old 07 July 2003   #28
It looks like a deer then a dog to me!

Old 07 July 2003   #29
Nedim_S: Please read the prior posts...

Old 07 July 2003   #30
Thumbs down

Wonderful work!!
I like the style .

Thread Closed share thread