Escape Plan B, Michael Dashow (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2009
Inevitable front page! I didn' t know the woman was based on your wife. Is this a life story in disguise? Awesome work. One of my favorites of the contest.

01 January 2009
Fine sense of humor. This is one of the first works related to the competition that I saw and am glad to see it done. I think the best thing about this is the story and the way it carries out the "escape". There's "funny" written all over the picture... Great piece.

01 January 2009
Hey Michael, great Job as usual!
Love the style and details! Your Cartoon style is very cute!
Cheers!

01 January 2009
Originally Posted by walrus: Oh, cool, I got plugged!

yes, you got plugged. welcome to the matrix. :P

01 January 2009
Fantastic !

Glad you could post and share it
Your work is awesome.

Cheers,

Zupi Portal (eng)
www.drsketchy.com/
SketchySP
eduardo.janiszewski@gmail.com

01 January 2009
I can't imagine anything less than masterpiece from you!

My web portfolio: http://www.creativedust.com
FACEBOOK

01 January 2009
I love your Ideas man. I love the blend of humor mixed with your awesome rendering skill.
I really like how this turned out.

01 January 2009
Great stuff! I think mt favorite part of this is the "face" on the machine. The monocle, mustache, and frowning grr are hilarious

01 January 2009
lol that's hilarious!

Great painting!

Josh - do you LIKE it? Or do you LOVE it? Make up your mind already! :P

01 January 2009
Originally Posted by Womball: I didn' t know the woman was based on your wife. Is this a life story in disguise?

What? No! She is in no way based on my wife, aside from the fact that, were Talia in the same situation, she too would feel like she had to eat all the bananas before tossing the peels on the ground, as would I. She certainly helped with the piece, though: I knew from the start I wanted the woman, the monocycle, and a big walking mech. Talia and I were looking as my sketches and musing aloud, "How would you slow down a big walking robot?" There was a pause,, and then she just started to laugh. "I know," she said, and before she even told me, I started to laugh too because I knew exactly what she meant: "Banana peels!" she exclaimed. And I swear, it happened exactly like that. (Yes, life is just one rollicking psychic escapade after another at the Walrus household.)

Anyhow, thank you all for the kind words and comments! And thanks for letting me take part in the WIP part fo the Challenge!

01 January 2009
Thumbs up

stop it walrus!...here and on gameart with your bunny...your work its great. I love your color palette,you always seem to have the best touch vibrance in your pieces.

01 January 2009

Well, you know how I feel (you should by now, anyway!)....congrats on the plug. Here you go, a . Enjoy!

P.S- Tell Zack this story is about him. He'll be ALL about Daddy then. (Zack, this is YOU in the big robot, OOooh!)

01 January 2009
Well, the LAST Challenge entry (Adorable Alien) was, of course, about him. This one isn't be he likes looking at it anyhow. "Robot!' he says. It's so cute! He's not even 2 yet and he knows robots. That's my boy!

Oh, and thanks to everyone at CG Society for giving this piece a choice award!

01 January 2009
If this is plan B, then what was plan A?

Great painting, made my day.

Fear the magnitude of my untapped potential.
...or not.

01 January 2009
Originally Posted by walrus: Well, the LAST Challenge entry (Adorable Alien) was, of course, about him. This one isn't be he likes looking at it anyhow. "Robot!' he says. It's so cute! He's not even 2 yet and he knows robots. That's my boy!

Oh, and thanks to everyone at CG Society for giving this piece a choice award!

He's a true walrus, alright. So cute...

Congrats on the choice award, by the way!! You're building up a real collection now, aren'tcha?

Thread Closed share thread