Squishy (and Girl), Stahlberg (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 06 June 2003   #31
Quote: (snip) You've got some serious issues...
Or some serious chemicals...

Digging the lighting a whole bunch.
Great work!
[/b]

Old 06 June 2003   #32
Guys I dont think those cables are blowing in the bg. It looks like there just hanging giving a sense of situation. As far as the wrists go yes they are big but that kinda helps give the freakish issue a little more room to stand...I MEAN HER HANDS ARE IN HIS HEAD FOR CRIPE SAKES!

Old 06 June 2003   #33
Quote: Originally posted by cleptocat
I MEAN HER HANDS ARE IN HIS HEAD FOR CRIPE SAKES!

Yes but her anatomy is correct

-lild

Old 06 June 2003   #34
First impression was that I love the idea/concept going on. Having her hands in his head and it lighting up is really cool. Love it smoking, glowing. Love the legs on her.

But it took a few seconds to figure out what was going on with the head and the body. The body seems out of proportion with the head, (arms and shoulders) and since his neck is in shadow, my eyes didn't connect them visually at first. I thought the head was floating or something. Since the teeth are sharp, I assume it's some kind of monster, but then the arms and hands are very human...so I wonder what the heck this guy is.

I'm not sure what the girl is feeling/thinking with her mouth posed like that. I would assume she's meditating, but with the mouth open...it looks like she could have...something in her mouth.

Maybe that's intentional...if so, interesting.

Old 06 June 2003   #35
I love it, except like some mentioned earlier the forearm looks a bit off. I might almost like this image better without the hand holding the umbrella entirely. The girl, and creature are very nicely done.

Old 06 June 2003   #36
i'm happy to see a new stahlberg work though i'm not convinced of the glowing head...
technically very professional as allways

Old 06 June 2003   #37
All very nice , but the cable in the middle ( background) closes to his head light -source doesn't seem to be effected like the rest of the imagery in the same space?
ha, anyway, far better than my paiting but thought I'd bring it up since its bothering me for some reason. I could be wrong of course.

Last edited by jtk77 : 06 June 2003 at 08:35 PM.

Old 06 June 2003   #38
Lovely

[boehoe-i'm-not-worthy-of-commenting on you] But isn't that big toe a bit TOO big? [/boehoe-i'm-not-worthy-of-commenting on you]
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you

Old 06 June 2003   #39
Rendered it Lovley, but I think onno has a point, the composition while not abstractly terrible, is not giving a clear staging to the characters. [it's confusing ] And I think a little more work with storytelling would help the image immencely

Farley

Old 06 June 2003   #40
As always spectacular! The only neg crit I have is actually bogus since I believe the lighting is correct. But with the bright light on her right leg it makes it look alittle to flat or even concave. Like I said I belive it would be correct just lloks strange. This image reminds me of the Hell God 'Glory' from Buffy's 5th season.

Old 06 June 2003   #41
I agree with previous post about slight similarity to a Frank Quietly X-Man design, Glob Herman, you can see his skeleton and organs through his wax skin, but also the Legion of Super Heroes' Validus.

Looks like a Blade Runnerish setting ... perhaps, hmm, Thailand (?), where its real humid, rainy (hence umbrella), but the girl's cold and she's using her freakish brother as a heater? It's electricity, though,... okay, I'm confused.

Beautiful. Some of your modeling / lighting techniques remind me of Frazetta, this time around her toes. That bicep's on steroids, though.

Old 06 June 2003   #42
Beautiful lighting and a lovely rich colour in that umbrella. The work on the girl is fantastic. My only crit is the head on the other person. I love the off-the-wall look, but the proportions of the head to the body just seem a little comical.

I'm thouroughly mesmerized though...

Old 06 June 2003   #43
Now that guy is whipped!

Awesome!! His thumb looks a little off maybe.

Old 06 June 2003   #44
The whole "she's controlling the monster while riding him and manipulating his head" just shreiks Freudian symbolism.

I always thought Freud was a little disturbed though.

It did take me a while to understand that the arm/hand was part of the same creature that the head was attached to. Partly because of the contrast in scale between the two and partly due to not seeing how the head/shoulders/arms are connected because of the lighting and the composition.

Old 06 June 2003   #45
Thumbs down Photoshop?

This was made in Adobe Photoshop 7? Or in AP 100.7? Man, great work. I didn't know that is possible with AP. Deep work and you made a movement in me. You intrested me more for Photoshop. Can you give me a list of litrature you used to learn Photoshop?

Thread Closed share thread