Little Red Riding Hood, Vanja Todoric (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2009
Great work, love the wolf

01 January 2009
Thumbs up So awesome !

Totally love this piece man its so awesome , freakin love it ! as someone said before must be made into a 3d short lol

01 January 2009
unfortunatly you should give some credit to Ricardo Tercio who did the wolf for Spider-Man Fairy Tales

http://www.amazon.com/Spider-Man-Fa...ages/0785127658
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_XK7Gthjrp.../sft1covnet.jpg

this is Ricardo's website
http://mautempopush.blogspot.com/

01 January 2009
Originally Posted by Zardoz: unfortunatly you should give some credit to Ricardo Tercio who did the wolf for Spider-Man Fairy Tales

http://www.amazon.com/Spider-Man-Fa...ages/0785127658
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_XK7Gthjrp.../sft1covnet.jpg

this is Ricardo's website
http://mautempopush.blogspot.com/

WOW.

Wolf looks exactly the same

01 January 2009
SOrry mate-but these wolf's don't like Ricardo's-apart from a silhouette with eyes-which is hardly an original idea.
This pieces wolf is chunkier and more monster like. IMO.

As others have said, I would love to see this made into a short! As well as enlargements of each panel! Well done!

01 January 2009
Originally Posted by Pyke: SOrry mate-but these wolf's don't like Ricardo's-apart from a silhouette with eyes-which is hardly an original idea.
This pieces wolf is chunkier and more monster like. IMO.

As others have said, I would love to see this made into a short! As well as enlargements of each panel! Well done!

Sorry but they do.

They even look as though he has traced it.

01 January 2009
I'm not saying these works aren't good. Honestly I think it looks really good. But you should give credit to Ricardo for the wolf, because it's the same wolf.

And with this kind of situation it may be difficult to know what you did or not.

Besides this these illustrations are really nice.

01 January 2009
Originally Posted by turner: Sorry but they do.

They even look as though he has traced it.

Similar-Yes. Inspired by-Perhaps. But traced from? Thats just disrespectful and insulting.

01 January 2009
First of all i would like to thank for all the nice words and kind comments i have received so far, it really means a lot to me

and the wolf matter,
from the start i wanted to present him not as a forest animal, but as a metaphor for something that is pure evil, and like Charles Perrault desrcibed him in the end ...
while doing the whole concept i came across the one of "ricardos - spiderman fairy tales",
i simply borowed some of the things that were just so perfectctly matched to the wolf i had in mind.
but one way or the other i think the whole thing would look very similar to this one, or any other silhouette of a wolf, evil waith, or sometnig u came upon in the past, ...

little red is a very old fairy tale, and it is very hard to make out something that will not resamble something that has already been done.

and till this day i didn't know that mr. ricardo drew the wolf u linked,
to me it was just a google image i've picked up along the way.
and OFCOURSE i give him credit for the inspiration, after all, ...
i think that all young artist at some point need to learn from their older and more excpirienced masters.

thank u all once again

.: little whiny drama queen :.

Last edited by NJA3d : 01 January 2009 at 03:05 PM.

01 January 2009
this is really a beautifull work.
but
"and OFCOURSE i give him credit for the inspiration, after all,"...
i put the 2 images in toshop, and for me, it's more than an inspiration.
dommage

01 January 2009
Hi Vanjia,

I agree that young artists have to learn from older and more experienced people. I also know that you didn't ask for any praise to your work, or awards, but use this experience to allow you to realize that when an artist has potential, he shouldn't ruin it with simple inocent mistakes like the one you did, by using Ricardo Tercio's wolf concept.

I hope everything else with the exception of the wolf is of your creativity, if it is it deserves the award just the same. If not, the award goes to all the artists from which you borrowed their works.

Take care.

Ricardo Garcês

01 January 2009
As soon as i posted my reply on the wolf, i wrote an email to mr Ricardo himself, explaining the situation,
this is what he wrote ...

Ricardo Tercio:

Hi Vanja,

I have no problem with it. These things happen in the world of digital composing, and especially with highly stylized silhouettes. You had put it in a layout concept of your own.

your illustrations look cool.

good luck and best wishes,

Ricardo

...and to answer Ricardo Garcês,
yes everything else is me, thank u for the understanding.

.: little whiny drama queen :.

Last edited by NJA3d : 01 January 2009 at 09:38 PM.

01 January 2009
Nothing wrong using found imagery.

I love your images

I was just trying to explain to Pyke what I thought had happened. Which had.

No disrespect in ANY way meant

turner

01 January 2009
Sorry Turner-I came off as harsh. Crunch time over here, and I admit I'm easily agitated!

01 January 2009
nice attitude from ricardo.

Like I said too, you have pretty good work.
I simply noted that you were inspired by is wolf because I bought is spider-man book.

Anyway, keep up the good work.

Thread Closed share thread