Viking: Battle for Asgard (Pack Art), Michael Kutsche (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2008
Excellent!

Dude, nice job!

10 October 2008
wowow, its heavy its realy heavy man

good work

10 October 2008
very good artwork ------------ masterpiece

10 October 2008
That is the sole reason I bought the game the other day. That art is so damn tasty. Haven't played the game yet (still working through MGS4) so fingers crossed it will be as good as the cover art.Would love to see more from you.

10 October 2008
Truly awesome work ...

regards

10 October 2008
First off awesome work. The details, layout, and focus field are sweet. It is clear that you have the capabilities and vision of a CG master, so with that don't take offense to what I would also like to bring up here.

I think that the thing that I would just like to voice here is the impact Japanese art and Final Fanasy specifically has had on the art form. I think first off that there are a lot of good qualities in the style, however it is not so adventurous any longer, it doesn't scream at me like it did when I first saw the style.

What about pushing it over the edge? Just like FF did when it came on the scene. I know that it can be done - are we tired of pushing the envelope?

I'd be interested in Michael's opinion on this - and am very curious if anyone else sees my point...

Awesome work - and best regards

10 October 2008
Great work. I like battlefield poses that are so good, it makes me wish I were there...

10 October 2008
Thumbs up

..nice work my friend like the cold feel too...nice work..

10 October 2008
you're way out there man, killer stuff

10 October 2008
Thumbs up

So~cool!!!

10 October 2008
Cool good

Cool~It’s really good !

10 October 2008
Thumbs up What a good picture you create.

Good Good Good Good Good

Last edited by TheBestExpert : 10 October 2008 at 09:08 PM. Reason: There is an error, I didn't make a blank but there is a blank. I have to edit.

11 November 2008
she is perfect

11 November 2008
The art in the game

Hello Michael, i don't know if you worked on the art for the rest of the game, but I have to say that it is probably the best thing about the game. The art is fantastic. The textures are lovingly created, the environment seems truly to breathe with realism. Even in the sections where the textures and assets have been clearly repeated (hey, it's a game, not a CG movie) the end result is truly inspiring. I love the grass and little flowers in the game. The settings are also quite beautifully crafted, those tall cliffs with the sea below take your breath away.

Granted, I have a thing for Vikings (which is the only reason I bought this game since it received quite bad reviews unfortunately), but I think the attention to detail really make it stand out. Gameplay is another matter. I find it a bit repetitive, and not deep at all (would have been nice to have more weapons to choose from or upgrade for example) but it is very enjoyable. I also did not like the poetic licenses the team took with the Norse Mythology (Hel is a scrumptious babe when in fact she was ugly as sin, being the daughter of Loke and the Giantess Angrboda) and she hates Freya when in fact they got along as fine as could be for an offspring of Loke's to get along with anyone. And of course, the whole "hell" forces taking over the world has been done to death and is quite boring as a premise.

Having said all that, I enjoy the game immensely. I think people need to give it a chance and not be swayed by the reviews out there.

Congrats mate.

11 November 2008
I would of cropped the pict better but really like it, esp. the buns.

Thread Closed share thread