The epetecan post, David Cabrera (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2008   #16
Yeah ! I looove it !
I'm agree with Andy, it looks like a Rockwell's one and it's a great compliment ^^
5 stars too

Old 09 September 2008   #17
Thumbs up oh yeah!

This is truly a well made picture. It makes you think and wonder about the relations between the characters in the scene. and also you recognize many of the everyday bits of casual conversation between what just as well could be two ordinary familys. without any explanation nedeed. this is one werry important aspect of making the viewer relate more and think more about the further meaning of the picture.
Of course the artwork is amasing, composition, posing. Im truly impressed by this display of creative thinking and well planned composition.

Old 09 September 2008   #18
Hi all, thanks for the comments and critics! i'm absolutely glad if the picture remembers you a little to the Norman Rockwell works! *un saludo especial para los cgespanieros y espanieras*

I didn't found the original "saturday evening post" font... not for free at least ...

Here you are a couple of gifs with part of the WIP i summitted for the challenge... sorry, after the challenge ends, i didn't take care to save an apropiate WIP

It's just round hardbrush and trying not to use a lot of layers and fix errors overpainting and not using ctr+z to get a sense? of traditional paint... i really don't know what i say... years of internet with 90% of the web in english and i only learn to say a lot of filthy words correctly... en fins...

And here, some detail before add a noise filter. You can see some hardbrushes strokes , i'm very happy with the result, i used to paint in other way

...agh... me duela la cabeza, copon...

Old 09 September 2008   #19
Dude, this is pretty awesome. It has a Neo Norman Rockwell feel to it. Spectacular job with the colors and facial expressions. 5*s

Old 09 September 2008   #20
ey! very asewome. five stars for you! One question, what size have the image in pixels? could you say me, please? I love your style!

Pues eso, que sigo siempre tu blog que me encanta tu estilo

Old 09 September 2008   #21
Yep... the fullres image has 3452x4137 pixels... i forgot to say that the sketch and pencils were drawn in artrage2... just testing the program, and i think it's good i normally use opencanvas to draw.

Greets and/y saludos!

Old 09 September 2008   #22
Thumbs up

Wow, can clearly see a lot of work went into that. Congrats!

Old 09 September 2008   #23
Great Work!

¡Espectacular!!! Soy un fan de Rockwell y el estilo de tu ilustración está muy conseguido! Me gusta mucho el diseño de los personajes alienígenas y su expresividad. Muy buena la idea de invertir los papeles en el embarazo y me gusta especialmente el flequillo tentacular de la mujer epetecanesiana (jajajaja!) y como no, el pijama del futuro bebé. La ilustración está llena de detalles muy buenos que refuerzan la historia y técnicamente es increíble.

Enorabuena! Queremos más! :D
q( B )p
/_00_\

Old 09 September 2008   #24
awesome, five star (o como coño se diga)

Espectacular, y tal y talk...

Old 09 September 2008   #25
Hi David

Thank you for the information.

Good work!

Old 09 September 2008   #26
Man, I really admire your work. The apparent simplicity is just captivating. Everything seems to be in place in your works but it seems you do it effortlessly. +5

Old 09 September 2008   #27
Thumbs up

Amazing! brilliant concept . And full of warm and fragrant .
One of the best works I've ever seen.
5 stars too.

Old 09 September 2008   #28
Thanks so much to all for the comments!

Gracias gente!

Un placer guinnesman, nos vemos cgapaniero

Old 09 September 2008   #29
How amazingly cool. I love the interaction between the characters and not to say the style.
Very well done
I am amazed this didn't get more comments or recognition.

My website

Old 09 September 2008   #30
yes~this is great!thanks for posting the progress,the sketch to the final output is remarkably good~

Thread Closed share thread