Terminal Mark, Borisw_wjw (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 06 June 2003   #46
sorry to interject a bit of cynicism...it is nice, but as anyone who works with illustrator alot will testify, that really wouldnt be difficult at all if it was just a trace.

if its not then i take my hat off to you...otherwise, well its a nice trace

Old 06 June 2003   #47
Quote: Originally posted by poe
sorry to interject a bit of cynicism...it is nice, but as anyone who works with illustrator alot will testify, that really wouldnt be difficult at all if it was just a trace.

if its not then i take my hat off to you...otherwise, well its a nice trace

I believe tracing a single photograph into maybe 300+ closed paths, and still make it photobelievable, is an extraordinary task that deserves nothing but praise -if well done (Which in this case does)-

I use Illustrator almost on a daily basis too, and I also know how to do trace work -heck I do it all day- and yet, I wouldn´t tackle such a massive amount of bezier handling to try to go for a photorealistic work. Please do not undermine an artist effort mate.

Old 06 June 2003   #48
I

Quote: Originally posted by Gnome
Here in Vancouver, BC that pic is used in "Bust-Plus" herbal breast-enlarging pill advertisements. She is smokin' hot.

I'm sorry, I don't get it. It's probably my own ignorance and looking at all the extatic reactions I'm missing something, please tell me what. To me this is a copy of an original picture of a half naked girl either quickly traced or painstaikingly copied. Either way the result to me looks tthe same. A copy of a picture....

If this pic has been build in Illustrator the sheer magnitude of the job is asthonishing, but at the same time I wonder: why should you? What's the benefit, where lies the creative profit over the original.

Could anyone please enlighten me, cause I must be wrong. You all are not just extatic because she's looking fineeee!!!

"Creativity is found in Unlikely places"

Old 06 June 2003   #49
Re: I

Quote: Originally posted by UnlikelyCorny
I'm sorry, I don't get it. It's probably my own ignorance and looking at all the extatic reactions I'm missing something, please tell me what. To me this is a copy of an original picture of a half naked girl either quickly traced or painstaikingly copied. Either way the result to me looks tthe same. A copy of a picture....

If this pic has been build in Illustrator the sheer magnitude of the job is asthonishing, but at the same time I wonder: why should you? What's the benefit, where lies the creative profit over the original.

Could anyone please enlighten me, cause I must be wrong. You all are not just extatic because she's looking fineeee!!!

I would say he has a far better knowledge of Illustrator now than before he started the project. The real creative profit out of this kind of art, is just making it.

Do you need a profit? As far as I know, there´s always a profit when you finish a piece.

Old 06 June 2003   #50
Excellent work!!!!! I don't think that it was possible to have such result with vector program. How long did it take to make this pics? Good Job!

Old 06 June 2003   #51
Amazing work, I use Illustrator for Calligraphy myself. Its a great program. Congrats on getting plugged and what an amazing image. Hope to see more work from you soon

Old 06 June 2003   #52
this guy is amazing....the most i can do w AI is to make artwork for packaging stuff etc hehehe

Old 06 June 2003   #53
Quote: I believe tracing a single photograph into maybe 300+ closed paths, and still make it photobelievable, is an extraordinary task that deserves nothing but praise -if well done (Which in this case does)-

its far from photobelievable tbh, the hair is very impressive from this resolution...but i fail to see the need for 300+ closed paths when good use of the gradient mesh would do the same task.

without detail of proccess, however, your argument is a moot as mine

Old 06 June 2003   #54
whoops

Last edited by poe : 06 June 2003 at 05:52 PM.

Old 06 June 2003   #55
move along, nothing to see here :E

Last edited by poe : 06 June 2003 at 05:52 PM.

Old 06 June 2003   #56
That's amazing

Old 06 June 2003   #57

WOW..............WOW
and WOW

Old 06 June 2003   #58
Great work, show us the vector paths.

Old 06 June 2003   #59
WOW

Old 06 June 2003   #60
this is realy something man!

Thread Closed share thread