Army of Scorpions 2, Tomasz Jedruszek (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2008   #16
Thumbs up

Grtat! 5 stars!

Old 08 August 2008   #17
5* and no comments.
just stunning compo and mood! what really is interesting for me is to look the color scheme you have used. amazed!

cheers

Old 08 August 2008   #18
Thumbs up

Great Work! Congratulations!

Old 08 August 2008   #19
Thumbs up Great

Good work!

Old 08 August 2008   #20
Impressive job, i think that's the right way to work.

my works:
-Crossing lights-
-the hunter-
-Going home-
-undeground station-

"Yes maybe I am just a kalipp..."

Old 08 August 2008   #21

Great work and great advice, especially about detail, thanks alot

Old 08 August 2008   #22
wow, someone get pissed off and reduced the rank down to 4

Old 08 August 2008   #23
Originally Posted by Morano: wow, someone get pissed off and reduced the rank down to 4

Why are you surprised?
Maintaining a 5* average is very rare. If you are riding the edge with a 4.5* average that means half your votes can be 5* and the other half 4*. All it takes is the next vote to be a 4* to drop you down a *.
I didnít vote on this one, though I think itís a nice piece and you are surely an accomplished artist, I donít think this one is one of your better works and see it realistically in the 4* range.

Last edited by Quadart : 08 August 2008 at 01:37 PM.

Old 08 August 2008   #24
who said I'm surpprised?

Old 08 August 2008   #25
Tomasz, I bow down before you.
Truly inspiring.

+5

Old 08 August 2008   #26
Originally Posted by Morano: thats why I quit working with painter after few hours of fun. I don't want to sound like PS fan it has its minors too...well , I can't remeber them now but sure it has . ANyways , I didn't even go that far to notice Painter doesn't support that large images.

I haven't checked it myself, I've red about it on Painter sub-forum at ConceptArt.org

Quote: For more statistics: My record about layers used in one piece was about 180 or 200 or something like that. That was durring work for Redlnyx , I did painted an army of chaos (WH40K) ,ech soldier been made of parts like "left upper arm" "left hand open " "left hand closed" etc so they can be animated later in game process .

Crazy XD But I believe it was necessary in that case - though I thought they always multiply creatures in animation? Anyway normally so many layers aren't necessary, at least for me. I try to reduce them as much as possible to have a few and no mess at all. But I temporarily save work files in some more important steps, before merging all.

Quote: lot of artist ( polish too and I bet you know some of their works : Malczewski, Kossak or Gierymski) leave some spaces sketchy ..or even ampty.

That's something different, that's what makes illustration true art - to know what to put in focus and what can be suggested only, what is and is not necessary to tell the story. Illustration is not photography and even in photography working with depth of field and light we can put in focus what we find important in the scene. IMO that's a mistake to render everything in details. I wish I could train my eye to select what is important and what not, but ATM I'm getting lost into details I like to paint and forget about the rest, overdo parts etc.

Quote: Well ,but that is the point -I work for years ...many , and I never was satisfied with any of my works. I can even tell you more , If I ever will I think I change my job - which would be a total disaster to my life. I love to paint , I love to doing it for living and I know I will never reach so called "perfection" ,that's the meaning of my life and what I am doing here. Think how boring the painting would be if you were finish each of your work with stamp "perfect! -done, next" . Pathetic ,is it? Lets paint a horse .... done! is there a reason to apint another ? why ,this one is perfect! , so what's next ?a man on the horse.... done ! what next ?.... boring

Hehhe, yes, it would be boring, but that's impossible, nothing is perfect and also as many people that many visions of the same scene, so there is always something new to paint. Yet you have to have satisfaction in painting, other way you wouldn't do it. And for sure you've got images which aren't [perfect, but you like them and find them nice. You see what areas could use improvement, but you accept them the way they are.

Quote: so if you are not satified with your work that's good ,because you still have strenght to produce another make your fans happy and upgradeing yourself that way as a human,person,artist,professionalist etc

I agree, there must be a new challenge, something new to learn and achieve with every image. But there also must be satisfaction from work.

Quote: BTW: what is your PC configuration ,maybe it is just a matter of another RAM bone. As I worked on my old Athlon (typeing on it right now) 2000 and 512RAM I had some problems with Photoshop ,then bought nother 256 of RAM and it was like mile stone . Now I have ATHL dual 4600+(2.41 GHz) and 2 GB RAM suitable for most of my needs.

Athlon and Celeron can't be compared 1:1, but anyway your 2GB of RAM do the job. Painter works much better since I've got 1,5 GB of RAM (with Celeron 2,6GHz). But People with better processor and 2 GB of Ram have got problems with it, too.

Last edited by sirielle : 08 August 2008 at 11:51 PM.

Old 08 August 2008   #27
ive even seen linda bergkvist get vote down from 5 stars sooner or later it happens

Old 08 August 2008   #28
Very impressive, save as

Old 08 August 2008   #29
Oh boy, not only is your work excellent, but it's your comments that are worthy of 5 stars. Brilliant, inspirational and insightful.

Old 08 August 2008   #30
Hi

I remember the original illustration(actualy i have it in "inspiration" folder), and you did great job with colour and some detail(i will compare with original). But still composition is still same. Great work.
I follow your speeds and your work, and i will give you 5* to reward you for your work in general, as well as your oppenes to other artist.

Cheers

M

Thread Closed share thread