The spoiled wizard's daughter, Remko Troost (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2008
awesome image!

08 August 2008
oh this is beautiful man, i love the colors, atmosphere, and composition... 5 stars..

08 August 2008
Simply beautiful work! Really love your colour-palette.

08 August 2008
one of your best my friend !!! Simply superb !

08 August 2008
Cute characters and lovely original concept! I love all of the execution from colors to details! Perfect work, indeed!
Is it your reflected image on the blue bottle? Man, i love these funny details. Raise your work to the Hall of Fames, imho. 5*
Keep it up!

08 August 2008
Very beautiful work Remko!!
lighting,composition,color...all look great. very nice detail in the bottle ...but...MMMHH it's you ? hum?

don't blame Eric

08 August 2008
Thumbs up

Brilliant work!
nice color palette
cheers~

08 August 2008
tats a neat piece on ur portfolio !
love the enchanted palette uve used!

08 August 2008
Thumbs up

very cool!

08 August 2008
Great artwork !
Incredible piece you did here !

Nice idea and story behind as well.

Something I'd like to see printed on Exposé !

Congratulations !

Zupi Portal (eng)
www.drsketchy.com/
SketchySP
eduardo.janiszewski@gmail.com

08 August 2008
Thumbs up

yipeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! CONGRATULATIONS bro!! very well deserved!
right from time i saw this piece .. i fell in love with the colour palette, the characters, the lighting ... simply awesome!
well done Remko!

08 August 2008
wow i love you that's shuweet!!!

-->thanks god you changed ur avatar this one's cool.

08 August 2008
Very nice colors and composition!

08 August 2008
Huge work Remko !
You did it well, congrats for the front page !

08 August 2008
Hey man, I love the piece! Very cool color palette, kinda makes the word "enchanted" actually feel like a part of the painting. I like your attention to the light details, such as the caustic from the water on the leg. Overall feels really awesome

Now for a few crits.

I have to say that I really like the story you put behind this picture, but to me I do not see it translated on the final. It feels more like a character concept, because the faces and poses of the characters do not seem to really transfer their intentions and behaviors. For instance the first thing that stroke me weird was the trolls face. You said that he is forced to smile. Yet the smile he currently has on his face does not really feel forced. Being so symmetrical it rather feels like a casual smile, not the "fake" one. I would imagine him kinda having a crooked smile, sort-of half disgust, half necessity.

The girl also seems a little static in her emotion. You mention her being a spoiled daughter. But in your final she seems like a fairly normal teenager, not really out to cause trouble, as she should be according to your description. To me it feels like she should be enjoying torturing this troll, in a "brat" kind of way. Maybe her tongue out, or lower lip bitten, with eyes a little more open and a kid's excitement on her face. Her pose is very nice and sensual, but feels much more like a display rather then a story. Also one thing that sort of goes into my eyes: their poses and faces are perfectly identical in being 45 degrees turned to the left of the viewer. There feels no motion, not a lot of life going on, but sort of forced by design.

Don't get me wrong, the execution of your work is amazing, in my opinion, but it's what I felt when I looked at your work. You have fantastic technique, good anatomy, and very nice color and design feel. But there seems to be a small spark missing, something that would throw this thing in front of the rest... Your story is very nice, that's why I decided to tell you all this, hope it might be useful

Last edited by Dimich : 08 August 2008 at 09:22 AM.

Thread Closed share thread