“Keep a Sharp Eye”, Ron Crabb (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2008
Each character is stunning and can survive as invidivual pieces, but when together really gets your mind going to imagine a story behind them. Love everything about it, the warmth of the colors is very inviting. Thanks for the new desktop!

{plugged}

~t

03 March 2008
Absolutely stunning! this is just beautiful....

Hmmm.... I'm going to present this to my kids...(ages 8 and 11) I'm curious to see what story they can come up with....

bryan

03 March 2008
Good gods, that's spectacular.

And the basis of the concept is really wonderful. Not ony have you presented a beautiful artwork, but you've told a story without even having to tell it, and that is far more impressive than the stunning realism or the technical prowess you've demonstrated. This is the side of art that everyone on this forum should be aspiring to, and I mean that wholeheartedly. Really, really very well done indeed.

Oh, and it's purdy 'n stuff.

03 March 2008
A very beautiful and inspiring piece! And like someone else posted, your picture truly speaks a thousand words
Someone please hand this man an award!

03 March 2008
i love the lighting works,great job overall

03 March 2008
Love the ligthing and mood.

Great job!

03 March 2008
spectacular.

03 March 2008
wow, thats amazing! Everything about it is stunning.

03 March 2008
I have one crit: This is too perfect !!

03 March 2008
Talking Awesome work !!

Respect !! This artwork is very realistic !! There is a beautifull choice in lighting. Congratulations !!

03 March 2008
The details and atmosphere are great. Love how those characters are almost alive.

One note though (probably nitpicking, cough): is it me or the lighting on the girl on the left is a bit off? It makes an impression of another orange light source above it, but then it doesn't affect the man in the middle. To me it looks like the lighting on the girl would be weaker and the shadows on her hand would be at a different angle and maybe not as sharp, considering you have a torch as a source.

Just my 2 cents

Wip

03 March 2008
Thumbs up Awesome, 1 question

This is 5* without a doubt, it does remind me of many great masterpieces that were presented back in school, which brings me to the 1 technical (not artistic) question that poped up in my mind. Can the torch light make it all the way to the back character without falling off more into darkness? I bring up this point only because in 3D we use light falloff like that all the time to create a sense of distance and isolation, but the back character is just as integrated here with the other two as she seems to receive a full share of the light intensity. There are many reasons why I think you may want to do that, but it did register with the lighting part of my brain. Am I way off here?

Anyway, it’s an awesome piece and I suck at painting so...

JFC

03 March 2008
Wow, master piece! Awesome!

03 March 2008
Gorgeous work Rob. Other than the superb rendering and lighting, I love the way the girl is looking back - adding an eerie quality to the piece! The only thing catching my eye just a touch are the flames of the boy's torch. For some reason, they don't quite stand up to the amazing quality of the rest of your painting. However, I am really nitpicking and overall, I think it's beautiful.

All the best,
John

03 March 2008
Smile You'll need a large sharpener

very sharp and very cool

Thread Closed share thread