Palace Entrance, James Paick (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2007
Awesome job man! I like it so much, great brush style and idea. But the most i like realistic lightning, which I try to learn, but you know that so well. 5stars

12 December 2007
Originally Posted by paul-baaske: Very nice colors and athmospere! I especially enjoy the subtle tones of red in the lower right section and the bloom on the rocks.
Some critique: I think the middle tower could have a little bit more mist on the top, and I wonder if there should be some more perspective/distortion on the top of the towers as well because now they seem very straight.
Paul

Hey guys,
thanks for the comments.. i totally aggree with what your saying...and I made some changes to the piece and it really helps. too bad i didnt post it up again on here =)
thanks for the crit guys!

the blog

12 December 2007
Amazing work! I love the composition!

12 December 2007
Thumbs up max kudos!

Hello James,

This piece really stands out to me because of the strong vertical elements! I am really enjoying all of your latest paintings! You have an amazing eye for details, atmosphere, and storytelling! It's been exciting following your portfolio since artcenter. You have really eclipsed yourself with your new stuff! 5 stars well earned.

-Jason

12 December 2007
Awesome work Dude! I love the details and the stile of yours. Nice concept, too... reminds me bit a mix of the star wars universe and some other fantasy worlds... I'm not a big SW fan at all, so i hope this will be a positive crit..
4* Keep it up!

12 December 2007
Incredible piece once more. Nice sense of scale!

12 December 2007
really cool work, I love the perspective, would work very well as a vertical camera pan from top to bottom - I love that you have figures at the bottom, it sets off the scale very nicely

12 December 2007
thank you everyone for the great comments.
phil- the extra love did make this piece...thanks for noticing.

d3cap - lately i've been working hard to get my new work out there. thanks for following my work and i hope to get better =)

i really appreciate how love this forum has shown. I'll be working a few more pieces for the series that will hopefully surpass what I've done thus far.

Thanks again,
James

the blog

12 December 2007
Originally Posted by reviresco: really cool work, I love the perspective, would work very well as a vertical camera pan from top to bottom - I love that you have figures at the bottom, it sets off the scale very nicely

I appreciate your comments. I was really trying to push the scale of this piece. Its something that gives the piece power. Being able to realize how big something is. Thanks again ...
james

the blog

12 December 2007
Originally Posted by Zocsi: Awesome work Dude! I love the details and the stile of yours. Nice concept, too... reminds me bit a mix of the star wars universe and some other fantasy worlds... I'm not a big SW fan at all, so i hope this will be a positive crit..
4* Keep it up!

Hey thanks alot for the crit. it does mean a lot to me when people actually take notice into the smaller details. =)

the blog

12 December 2007
Thumbs up

Hi James
congratulation on the award!
it's well deserved, very awesome scene, lightng..

cheers,

Alon

12 December 2007
I second that, James - totally deserved, this is an exceptional image. Well done!

12 December 2007
Wow, this is so beautiful! It's got an amazing atmosphere and very appealing light and color. It reminds me of works by Werner Sahm. Very well done!

contrafibbularities

12 December 2007
Absolutly fantastic and well executed. Good job and 5 stars

12 December 2007
awesome

great concept and light

Thread Closed share thread