Infinite OZ - opening scene, Philip Straub (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2007
Originally Posted by degerardo: Hey Philip

it was a pleasure to work with you and other guy`s on that project!

I love your works, you know.. And here is very nice work with lights and colours! 5* for sure!!!

Great to work with you as well sir-what did you think about the miniseries so far- did you watch it last night?

Phil

12 December 2007
Originally Posted by PMD: Hey Phil - great to see it up here man! Such a beautiful, evocative image - and a gorgeous way to start the zoom. It was a heady process, eh? 2 images 10240px wide. Yikes.

Hope you're well, and not having too many recurring nightmares about detailing that Kali scene

Cheers,

Phil

PS For anyone who hasn't seen it, the zoom is up at

http://www.scifi.com/tinman/oz/

Thank you so much- just trying to keep up with the likes of you Yeh you bet- it was a-LOT of work, especially since I know most of us where busy with other gigs.

I hope everything is excellent in Ireland-Ohh the Kali scene- so much work and ....I really don't like the way it came out..he he..oh well...

Phil

12 December 2007
Originally Posted by Rochr: I never grow tired of this one. Great to see it get posted.

Thank you sir...what did you think about the show so far?

Phil

12 December 2007
Thank you all for your feedback and kind words.

Phil

12 December 2007
Originally Posted by Philipstraub: Thank you so much- just trying to keep up with the likes of you Yeh you bet- it was a-LOT of work, especially since I know most of us where busy with other gigs.

I hope everything is excellent in Ireland-Ohh the Kali scene- so much work and ....I really don't like the way it came out..he he..oh well...

Phil

Ta for the kind words Phil! Don't be so hard on yourself - that scene turned out beautifully. Looking back I'd change some things too, but when you're buried under that resolution and that deadline... Anyway, we live and learn! Things are great over here, cheers

Last edited by PMD : 12 December 2007 at 04:06 PM.

12 December 2007
Caught part one last night. Very good so far. I love the gritty interpretation of the OZ legend. Also wanted to let you know that the infinate OZ link you posted a while back is what turned me on to Tin Man in the first place. My wife got interested therefore I was able to remember. She loved the Infinate OZ as well which is not an easy sell for her. Sci-Fi is not her cup-o-tea.

Great job everyone involved.
wyattharris.com Dig it!

12 December 2007
Philip- oooou , it was last night???? Nooooo....no no nooo... sht, I miss it! Where I can watch them??? And where I can see the part from yesterday? I need to see it for SURE!

Thanx bro. for info., that it is on TV.
I forgot, that it will be at December on TV... xixi...

12 December 2007
Originally Posted by degerardo: Philip- oooou , it was last night???? Nooooo....no no nooo... sht, I miss it! Where I can watch them??? And where I can see the part from yesterday? I need to see it for SURE!

Thanx bro. for info., that it is on TV.
I forgot, that it will be at December on TV... xixi...

Yeh man - its a 3 part miniseries - its on sci fi tonight and tomorrow too.

Phil

12 December 2007
This is mesmerizing and inspiring. It's a very relaxing escape for any artist to visit Thanks for posting, congratulations!

12 December 2007
Absolutely wonderful work

And the "zoom" trailer is fantastic.

12 December 2007
one of the most beautiful artworks I've ever seen ..

12 December 2007
Originally Posted by Philipstraub: Thank you sir...what did you think about the show so far?

Phil

I´m afraid sweden is just a tad retarded when it comes to scifi channel. Basically they terminated it about 10-15 years ago and the cable operators haven´t had it since. :(
I´ll hope they eventually release it on DVD.

Is it any good? The promoting artworks are after all stunning.

12 December 2007
Good gods the colours are gorgeous.
You just keep on outdoing yourself Mr. Straub. The elements blend together beautifully, and that sky!

The cow is a nice touch.

12 December 2007
Thanks for your comments and kind words Erilaz, Artist-Lounge, Ikaa, and StuntMan

Phil

12 December 2007
good work !

5 *

Thread Closed share thread