Troll Crossing, Michael Dashow (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2007
I love such style!

11 November 2007
Michael,

First off I have to say what an outstanding picture. I just love your style. It prompted me to look at your previous work and it's great to see how your styel has developed.

I have now purchased ImagineFX just for your article (although it is a great mag). It was great to see some of your PDF's. The only downside was that the mag indicates there is video of each of the four workshops and unfortunately there was no video of your work, which would have been awesome. Only a minor gripe.

Keep up the great work.

11 November 2007
I'm sorry! I never provided any video for the creation of 'Troll Crossing,' so I apologize if ImagineFX made it sound like I did! Glad you like the PDFs, though. I haven't looked at my CD from that issue yet, so I haven't seen what they included, but when I sent them the files, I tried to keep things as authentic to how the piece was when I was working on it, not just small screen-shots or collapsed files. Myself, I hate looking at someone's work files only to find that they're not really complete or showing what they were really doing a tthe time, so I gave as thorough files as I had.

Anyhow, thanks for the note. Glad you liked the painting and the magazine!

11 November 2007
Sorry if it was implied that Michael did a video workshop. The ones with video are marked with a 'Video on the DVD' badge on the page. Maybe we need to make this clearer.

Cheers!
Rob, Editor, ImagineFX

11 November 2007
As always, your visual storytelling is first-rate! This is very fine work, overall, in character creation and composition... and... naturally... among my favorite fantasy themes ( including, as it does, a fiesty fighting female )! Excellent work, especially her arm... she looks strong but still quite feminine, particularly in contrast to the knotty musculature of the orcs. Though her face looks somehow familiar... was she based on anyone in particular?

11 November 2007
Thumbs up woooooooooooow.cheersssssss.....

woooooooooooow.cheersssssss.....

11 November 2007
Douglas - Thanks for the note. I can't say she's based on anyone at all... unless you count me, as all my characters are subtly modeled after myself, whether I try to or not! :lol:

11 November 2007
Beautiful...!

11 November 2007
man this is amazing work.

11 November 2007
Hi Michael!!Yessai, beautiful piece man!Saw the WIP somewhere a wghile ago and wondered what il look like once finished..Well now I know and it's rocking!Cheers buddy!

11 November 2007
Great job and wonderful characters, the colors are perfect! impressive work

12 December 2007
Grat work I love how you managed to apply the green light and how it reflects everywhere. Excellent piece!

02 February 2008
i really like the characters ... beautiful design man

02 February 2008
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread