Troll Crossing, Michael Dashow (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2007
Troll Crossing, Michael Dashow (2D)

Title: Troll Crossing
Name: Michael Dashow
Software: Photoshop

I actually finished this piece before my recently-posted CGChallenge entry 'Wandering Monsters,' but wanted to wait 'til it was okay to make it public: It was done for an article in 'ImagineFX' on using Photoshop to do palette composition. Now that the article is out (December 2007, Issue #024) I can finally post this... but if you want to see the entire process of how this came to be, check out IFX!

10 October 2007
One word - awesome!

10 October 2007
woohooo...a lot to look at here! love the palette and everything about this. looks like a lot of (fun) work! i can't even imagine attempting something like this..i'm green with envy.

10 October 2007
Another 5 stars work! Great to see this work posted here, amazing job Michael! as usual

10 October 2007
WOW ....so full of adventure and adrenaline!... ....just waiting for the word GO! ...i can smell the time that went into this piece! ...brilliant lighting effects and definitely 5 shiny stars from me!

Karisa

10 October 2007
Nice one once again Michael!! Super lighting!

10 October 2007
Just fantastic! I can't wait to see the article.

10 October 2007
Brilliant image! I love the styling, colours, and overall composition. Great characters, especially all the different trolls. Great use of lighting from the staff too... very dramatic! Fantastic work!

10 October 2007
Great job, the colors are perfect! 5* from me keep it up!

10 October 2007
Hey there Michael,
Great to see this piece unleashed in the forums. My jaw dropped open when I spotted it with the excellent accompanying tutorial workshop in the Imaginefx mag, which I get on subscription. The image and the workshop are both top notch stuff. Worth the price of the mag for that alone. Always a joy to see one of your seemingly effortless, complicated compositions, full of humour and great drawing.

More power to you.
Nick

10 October 2007
Fabulous, Michael! I love how you always manage to convey a touch of humour in your work. Great palette and super job as always.

10 October 2007
nice characters and color. I like the image

Facebook

10 October 2007
Love it, especially the muscles on the girl. Your style is very recognizable now, I could tell it's yours just by the thumbnail heh. 5*

10 October 2007
Nice to see a girl warior wearing clothes.

I've been imagining a picture of a fanticy heroin in the traditional skimpy bikini armor and an big sword standing next to a Paladin in full plate and the two are facing a hord of baddies (orcs, goblins whatever). The title is "Men are such cowards."

10 October 2007
Such maticulous work, kudos michael!
The composition looks like there would be text up top. Is it a cover of some kind?

Thread Closed share thread