Umbrella Sky, Marta Dahlig (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2007   #31
Marta, This is one of my favorite pieces. I love it. Beautiful and inspiring work as always!

Old 10 October 2007   #32
Thumbs up

AMAZING...Shes gorgeus and the surreal atmosphere reached on this art work are really impressive. Fantastically kool...i love it.
I would like to know a little about the brushes used
All the best.

Old 10 October 2007   #33
Stunning, Marta. Rich and full of life - I think this is up there with your best ever work - 5*!

Old 10 October 2007   #34
Gorgeous rendering and idea. I don't like to see red much, but you pulled it off nicely. You've really come a long way from the Master Servant entry, huh?

The only thing I would change is her right eye. (Left eye to the viewer.) Something about it looks a smidgen off. Maybe all you have to do is fill in the eyebrow a little. But it looks like you had a white brush, faded to 5%, and accidentally brushed over it in a 5:00 slant direction, from the eyebrow to the white of the eye. I'm also wondering why the highlight of the eyes aren't matching.

Nonetheless, you are a master. And I bow to you.

Last edited by snowkiwi : 10 October 2007 at 03:32 PM.

Old 10 October 2007   #35
Oh I forgot to say. Beautiful glow on the skin. Love the orange in the dress, and the see-through polka dot umbrella design. The oranges on the character are quite nicely in harmony. The dress comes back to the simplistic beauty of everything, and the red-orange on the dress, with her hair and umbrella, are elegant and exquisite Those hands with her skin glow, geez.

Old 10 October 2007   #36
Just awesome! 5*

Old 10 October 2007   #37
Thumbs up Geeez

well, you prob must be getting very used to these comments by now.. but it is a fact... YOUR WORK IS AMAZING! i still cannot comprehend how well you paint the hands and fingers especially...that is some thing i really struggle with! Love the painting, love the idea, all in all, absolutely fabulous..

Old 10 October 2007   #38
All that I can say is WOW, great talent

Old 10 October 2007   #39
Grats on the cover.

This looks a lot better than the issue 20 tif version even though a lot smaller. The sea and smaller fish are a nice touch.

Old 10 October 2007   #40
this is very nice. excellent!

SPECTACULAR 2D

Old 10 October 2007   #41
that's really wonderful.master pic. i like it very much.

you are great Marta ^^.5 stars from me

Old 10 October 2007   #42
hehe, sweet =)

Old 10 October 2007   #43
Beautiful. Needless to say how much I enjoyed the tutorial. I was surprised how much you seem to work with the Painter. You must have really powerful workstation at hand - to me it is always a nightmare to bring paintings over 7000 pixels tall to Painter. My widescreen laptop simply can't handle those

I see you have received such a lovely bunch of tips how to improve the painting. However, the time always comes sooner or later that one must just let the painting go and move forward. You have done an amazing job with this one and to me it seems there is no point polishing it any more - go paint something new

Hugs,

Henna

Old 10 October 2007   #44
Hello guys,

Thank you so so so uch for your warm feedback and constructive comments =) I'm terribly sorry that I cannot answer everyone personally right now, but I am thankful for every each of your kind notes

The CGSociety tutorial is now up and can be seen here: http://features.cgsociety.org/story...p?story_id=4299

Thanks!

- Marta

Old 10 October 2007   #45
Shes so beautiful, i like her expression on the face cute and shy,and the tiny freckles.
love it^^,thanks for this great piece of art^^.

greez Basti

Thread Closed share thread