Umbrella Sky, Marta Dahlig (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2007
kapitalnie Marto zdrowko 5* of course

10 October 2007
5*****! Definitely going in my inspiration folder!

The hands are wonderful! If I might critique: 1) The umbrella still seems a bit flat; maybe adding some more shadows and lights 2) Something about the depth is strange, because the waves in the background are the same size as the 'ripples' in the foreground; it makes the woman look very big.

10 October 2007
Lovely work Marta. Great colors. I envy your skills at painting hands . photorealistic with a surreal twist 5*

10 October 2007
I have to comment again here because I expect my comment will be lost in the masses over at dA. I love this so much! I've been waiting for you to publish it online ever since I saw it in IFX, just so I could tell you how wonderful it was. I really love the changes you've made to the background. And congratulations on being chosen for the Exotique cover! I really can't wait to get my copy now.

Hope you're doing well. <3

10 October 2007
I've certainly got an eye full of this image lately, but it's hard to get bored of something like this! Great colours and composition which I guess is one of the reasons for its great response. I'm still a little baffled as to how Foregone didn't get a choice award... I remember feeling pretty sure it would, but I guess I was wrong about that. I actually liked it a bit more than Locked, I thought your brushwork was a lot more refined and the composition was better (sounded like you put more effort into it too)... Oh well, each to their own. Anyway, I'm definitely looking forward to the walkthrough! xD

5*****

Last edited by alfy : 10 October 2007 at 01:05 AM.

10 October 2007
damn you are awesome!! this takes my breath away. 5 big ones.
claudia

10 October 2007
It's the cover of the book EXOTIQUE3,I love it so much...5 stars.

http://cabotinecco.blogspot.com/
BLOG- (SKETCHES)

10 October 2007
Yeah, what they said! Damned impressive.

10 October 2007
The two things that catch my attention the most are the color palette and skin rendering, simply beautiful. I feel uncomfortable tho with her size relationship with the background. Looking at the BG makes me think she is an Amazon, sitting on a giant rock. Also she should have some cast shadow on these rocks. The fact that the right side of the sea is higher than the left side reminds me of the Mona Lisa painting.
Congratulations, good job!

10 October 2007
Been wanting to get a good view of this since I saw a preview of it.
Beautiful piece! Perfect for the cover:] Great choices for some of the changes you've made to it. Good choice on the tilted horizon, but it's looking a bit too high towards the right at the moment. The figure does look separated a little bit where the dress meets the background though, a shadow problem I think.
Can't take my eyes off it though. Fantastic!

10 October 2007
Congrats on Exotique and on such a beauuuuuutiful image. Her hands are so beautiful! Lovely colour choices too

10 October 2007
This is one of the most beautiful images from you, in my opinion. Colors, pose, the face of your model, everything is astonishing. God bless you my dear Marta, you're the best!

10 October 2007
Wowwwwwwwww
Marta, love redand this is a most wonderfull image really
Congratulations. Deserve

10 October 2007
Smile She's so beautiful...

And you are a very talented artist! I've seen this picture on #20 ImagineFX
also. Love it!

Apologise my comment about one little thing, seems to me that the eyelid of the left eye (girls right eye) looks a bit lower (slip). Just ignore it, its beutiful at all.

I'm going to add you to my Favourites Portfolio.

10 October 2007
As strong as usual . But there's something different , congratulations 5*

Ze Blog

Steampunk
Uplift Universe
Strange Behavior

Thread Closed share thread