Empire Total War Grenadier, Michael Kutsche (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2007
Wow, incredible. Just incredible.

10 October 2007
Thumbs up Great!

It's really great!

10 October 2007
Talking

I'm simply overwhelmed by the great feedback! Thanks a lot! There's more stuff like that to come, but still confidential, will keep you updated.

10 October 2007
Great work! Me likes!

10 October 2007
The main character an realization at all are awesom... not a question... But... but the composition.... background soldiers, why do they repeat silhouette of the main one? Not interesting. They spoiled all positive the impressions i exepted from work. Otherwise, its good.

10 October 2007
Originally Posted by MoreGrim: but the composition.... background soldiers, why do they repeat silhouette of the main one? Not interesting.

Hmm, what´s the problem with the composition? They are waiting for him to make the first shot. Maybe this is the second infantry arriving at the battleground, maybe even attacking in the rear. Yes, he could have added some more action to the other soldiers, maybe firing too or firing into another direction. But maybe that would have made the image loose focus on the main character. This is compositionally more intersting but imo wouldn´t serve the focus point at all...rather the contrary. It´s up to what you would like to achieve (and if you have enough fantasy).

10 October 2007
awesome! love the texture details. amazing work man!!!

Myspace www.myspace.com/olszakmike

Sketchbook

10 October 2007
Talking Awesome

although I have one comment when it comes to the idea. It seems whenever there is the barrel of a gun pointed at the viewer the temptation to draw a fire plume out of it is impossible to resist. I say that because there is no recoil on the gun or in the guy's posture, the guys seems relatively motionless and focused.
The drawing is awesome though.

10 October 2007
Great work!

10 October 2007
wow

WOOOOOOOOOW Fantastic work wooow
cheers

10 October 2007
Good work mate, well done

10 October 2007
Originally Posted by Designer: Hmm, what´s the problem with the composition? They are waiting for him to make the first shot. Maybe this is the second infantry arriving at the battleground, maybe even attacking in the rear. Yes, he could have added some more action to the other soldiers, maybe firing too or firing into another direction. But maybe that would have made the image loose focus on the main character. This is compositionally more intersting but imo wouldn´t serve the focus point at all...rather the contrary. It´s up to what you would like to achieve (and if you have enough fantasy).

I have a feeling that other soldiers are jast cloned.. you know - a fild of clones. That kind of discomfort feeling when you are playing a game and watching the game perses to move absolutely tha same way... jast in diferent perspective points.... Maybe that was an idea? To make such a feeling....

Last edited by MoreGrim : 10 October 2007 at 09:54 AM.

10 October 2007
amazing work my friend! x) 5s

10 October 2007
Originally Posted by MoreGrim: I have a feeling that other soldiers are jast cloned.. you know - a fild of clones. That kind of discomfort feeling when you are playing a game and watching the game perses to move absolutely tha same way... jast in diferent perspective points....

Well, no image is perfect in all ways. That simply cannot be done. This painting, however, has well proved to be frontpage material, and I also very much think it should be in 2D Choice Awards gallery too.

I hope more artist's would pay as much effort to the texturing part, like michaelkutsche here has wonderfully done. I think that when working in digital media, a special attention should be paid to this, because it often is the danger that painting turns out somewhat dull and fake to look at. I'm pretty sure we all can agree that your painting, Michael, is something very far from that!

10 October 2007
This is an amazing ilustration. I can't avoid to admire the excellent work you did with the textures and the great work with the ilumination, it looks very realistic. This one doesn't deserve less than 5 stars

Thread Closed share thread