Tiger Woods - GOLF Magazine, Jason Seiler (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2007   #31
Amazing caricature work! It's so tough to get people caricatured in a way that's not totally unflattering and you managed that wonderfully here, emphasising all the right bits. And the video of the george lucas painting was awesome to watch, even from just a little clip like that I learned some new things I wouldn't have thought of. Fabulous and totally deserved front page!

Old 09 September 2007   #32
that's great Bro!!!I love this kind of illustrations :-)

all the best
Lucio

Old 09 September 2007   #33
Fantastic work! Anyone who works at schoolism has my respect!

Did you use the golfers photographs as reference so that you could gain a great likeness? I doubt you ran around the world to do real life studies of these guys :P

Sketchbook

Old 09 September 2007   #34
Amazing !
Top notch illustration !

Also I loved your website, your blog, your illustrations, everything.
You are a great pro artist !

Cheers,

Zupi Portal (eng)
www.drsketchy.com/
SketchySP
eduardo.janiszewski@gmail.com

Old 09 September 2007   #35
Hi Jason
I have been waiting to see you here man! and now I can feel you are beside us. welcome to cgtalk.
(now we can see bigger version of your artworks here, comparing what you have in your homepage )

Old 09 September 2007   #36
Awesome piece man. like the caricatures a lot. nice one.

Myspace www.myspace.com/olszakmike

Sketchbook

Old 09 September 2007   #37
Hey wow... thanks for the plug and the warm welcome! I'll be sure to post more in this wonderful forum as soon as I have a moment!

Jason

Old 09 September 2007   #38
As everyone has been saying...awsome work! Has Mark Fredrickson's illustration style inspired the way you do your illustrations?

Old 09 September 2007   #39
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention . . . . my technique is based on my training and work with traditional mediums. I consider myself a "Value painter" I focus on my values more than anything, color second, of course it's important to have a strong foundation in drawing. For a job like this one for Golf, I first start off with a few sketches of each person until I'm happy with likeness angles etc . . . then I do a really rough sketch, more of a thumbnail of the entire idea. Once I finish that, I then know what I'm going to need as far as reference for the piece. So I get a couple of my friends together and I take a lot of photos, all different angles, but really trying to match the lighting or at least get it close to what my reference of my subject is like. This is only to get an idea of how to light the piece, with folds and skin and all that good stuff.
The next step is re-drawing everything, then I send my rough drawing to the a.d. and wait for his response. Once I have the OK to continue I start blocking the whole thing in, I had to work very fast on this one, only had a week, so it was a lot of painting with my gut, zooming out, zooming in . . . . squinting my eyes, until I was satisfied.

Thank you again, this has been very encouraging to say the least! Oh, and to answer that last question, the answer is no, Mark Fredrickson's work hasn't had any influence on my work. I've did a two page spread recently for MAD, full color, lot of detail . . . I hope to do their covers one day! I'm really influenced by my friends, Tom Fluharty, Roberto Parada, Robin Eley, Wouter Tulp, Ismael Roldan and Joe Bluhm, all for different reasons. As far as painting goes, my father as well as William Wray and Richard Schmid!
-Jason

Old 09 September 2007   #40
man! what about Sebastian krugger!

Old 09 September 2007   #41
So nice, caught my eye in the gallery immediately.
My Anatomy/Studies Thread

Old 09 September 2007   #42
Really fantastic work! hard to believe how you do it...Had a look at your onlinr portfolio and it is all top knotch work.

Welcome to the forum and congrats again on the great work.

Old 09 September 2007   #43
Originally Posted by SpaceTik: man! what about Sebastian krugger!

I really enjoy Sebastian Kruger's work and went through a period where I studied his work and learned quite a bit from him, however, today, my inspiration is more in fine art and artists rather than other "caricaturists". I've developed my own style of caricaturing, so as far as actual "caricaturing" goes, I don't find myself inspired too much by other caricaturists. I do repsect and enjoy the work of my friends and they do inspire me in differet areas of their work . . . . I guess what I'm trying to say is Kruger's painting is now what inspires me, rather than his caricaturing . . . the man is a madman with acrylics . . . dangerous!

I still need to add this, just have to . . . . I haven't seen anyone who can do what Kruger can do with faces, there are A LOT of imitators out there, so please don't get me wrong, there is still much that can be learned from Kruger, I just don't seek to be in his shadow, to be another Kruger, I'm trying to go into another direction and become Seiler. OK, enough rambling!

Old 09 September 2007   #44
You Are Fantastic!

Old 09 September 2007   #45
Whoa!

amazing artwork!

Thread Closed share thread