Tiger Woods - GOLF Magazine, Jason Seiler (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2007   #16
The one farthest to the right looks like Lars Ulrich.

Old 09 September 2007   #17
Welcome to CG Talk! I'm so glad you stopped lurking in the shadows and started posting your work!
Front page on your first post - not bad.
Your work is both inspiring, and intimidating. You have a natural talent for sure.
I watched the video of you painting George Lucas, and you NAILED HIM! The neck, the hair, the expression - absolute perfection. I've done a few caricatures in the past myself, but yours are outstanding. Okay, I'm gonna stop posting now so I can go back and try to figure out what makes your stuff so dang gooder than mine. Nuts.

Old 09 September 2007   #18
can i give 10 stars?

this is amazing....really amazing

Old 09 September 2007   #19
hi jason

ur art looks great. but i wonder what software u r using. photoshop , maya, mx? izzit finish in 2d or mix with 3d.i cant give u rate right now.

Old 09 September 2007   #20
Great work! Tiger Woods looks like a warrior with enemy ball!

Old 09 September 2007   #21
well done lovely painting.
god to see it plugged on the front page.
Well done it is also award quality IMO.

thanks for taking the time and posting it up here.

I think you should clarify your prosecess for those who are not so firmiler with your work.

-Liam

Old 09 September 2007   #22
WOW squared!

Old 09 September 2007   #23
Hi Jason,

EXCELLENT work - ***** stars for sure!

Tiger Woods must have been pretty challenging to re-create?

I have to start some digital caricatures shortly, so this image of yours provided just the inspiration and boost I needed at this time - most refreshing

Great work, and thanks for sharing

Chris

Old 09 September 2007   #24
Great painting, loved the Lucas video, that was a cool painting of Keifer Sutherland in the background.

Old 09 September 2007   #25
hey its fantastic...i also love the camera angle,
5*

Old 09 September 2007   #26
yeah, I like it alot too!! not to mention loving the game!!

golf has got to be one of the most satisfying and most frustrating game at the same time. One time you feel like you are on top of the world and the next time, you feel like walloping every squirells head you see on the course.

so many variables!! and so it actually is rather inspiring to someone like Tiger master the game, and yet also struggle at the same time.

Solomon W. Jagwe
Soreel GraFX
http://www.sowl.com

Old 09 September 2007   #27
one of the best images I've ever seen on this forum, you are ridiculously talented

Mickelson's face is priceless

Old 09 September 2007   #28
Awesome work mate! I don't care if you manipulated a photo or not.. these days it's just one of the technique photoshop allows us to achieve the result.

and the result is all that matters

Old 09 September 2007   #29
Quote: who recognized his talent after he'd gotten in trouble for drawing parodies of his history teacher. She hired Jason to do caricatures of some faculty members and the rest is history!

Haha. I can see that now. I have nowhere near your talent, but I got into t-shirt art the same way. I created a derogatory cartoon back in '89 (couple of rabbits and the saying "what's Up") for a joke before an exam. Someone photocopied it and it ended up all over the walls at school. The art teacher(her husband owned a screenprint shop) convinced me to make it into t-shirts for senior week.

Your work show what true talent can do. I've always been told by great illustrators that it starts with great drawing skills and you've got it.

Good to see some more high polished talent around here.

Old 09 September 2007   #30
Your illustrations are trully amazing, great technique!

Thread Closed share thread