Promise Promo Painting, (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2003   #46
I wish i was part of this wonderful project! The teaser look sooo beautiful!

Congrats on your receiving the choice award. It is artistically beautiful!

cheers!

Old 03 March 2003   #47
Man, that must be hands down the best thing I've ever seen you do! In fact, one of the best 'angel' pics I've ever seen... I'm more excited to see this project finished than that Animatrix thing...

Old 03 March 2003   #48
All the people that volunteered-- the members are checking this thread, and we'll eventually contact people that gets voted on the team. It might not be ASAP, since we're all busy and stuff, but we WILL contact you either by PM or in this thread.

Boone-- I only finished the layouts and the script for it. Never went further than that. You can see my other comic book stuff on my site. There's a section just for my comic book stuff.

As far as being out of league. None of us are working in big studios. We're the underdog. The little guys.

HapZungLam--yep, still in China. Will remain here for the duration of the film production.

Xaint-- yeah, it's a labor of love. We'll enter the festivals when it's done though.

lildragon-- Thank you sir! And big thanks to Leo for pluggin' it.

Soeren-- you know that I only want you for your sexy body, right?

Quote: Originally posted by Stahlberg
Man, that must be hands down the best thing I've ever seen you do! In fact, one of the best 'angel' pics I've ever seen... I'm more excited to see this project finished than that Animatrix thing...

Bwahahaha!! What a compliment! Man, after that 2nd episode, I'm feeling a bit doubtful about Animatrix myself. BUT, there are more parts to come, and there are bound to be other good ones.

BTW, my invitation is still open to you to join us. I know I know, you want ME to join YOUR project. Hehehee.

Thanks for all the wonderful compliments, everyone!

And all I can say about the story for now is this:

It's a modern fairytale about love, faith, and sacrifice.

Last edited by Lunatique : 03 March 2003 at 07:54 AM.

Old 03 March 2003   #49
Hey Lunatique here's my re-post of the pm sorry for the mixup. I would love to help out with anything that needs helping. My main strengths are in animation, and modeling. I am happy to also do texturing, lighting and such, but I feel those aren't my strengths. I'm usually a 3ds max user, but recently I have added Maya to the mix. I have a pretty vast knowledge of max. As for Maya I'm just learning my way around in animation,
I know a little bit about nurbs modeling, but feel confident with poly modeling. My free time varies most of the time I work, but when I get a good amount of free time I love to throw myself into projects such as this. As for submitting any examples of work what should be done? Should we post on this thread or PM? The only problem I can think of is that I'm a star and demanded to be treated as such, I'm also a raging alcoholic, and I hate interacting with people......oh and I hate 3d. I'm joking......... of course I love 3d

Old 03 March 2003   #50
If you guys are going to post examples of your work, post it as links, not images, that way, it'll ease up on the loading time of the pages for other people. Thanks.

ZeroNeuro and Taos are now officially part of the Promise Production team.

Current member list:

Lunatique-- Grand Pubah

Soeren Nielsen-- TM(Technical Monkey)

king_mob-- The Ent

derelict-- Enigma

cerreto-- M.I.A.

Taos-- Code Bitch

ZeroNeuro-- Needs a title

We're going to slow down on screening volunteers for now, but if we have a need and you can fill it, we'll contact you.

Last edited by Lunatique : 03 March 2003 at 09:13 AM.

Old 03 March 2003   #51
Monkeyboy reporting in...
Old Scientist
Comic Chicken
Bruce

Old 03 March 2003   #52
Hi !

My name is Matth and I'm interresting into your project. I'm currently a student and I'm freelancing.

Anyway, it sound really cool ! You can see some samples of my work at : here
I'm mainly a modeler but I like a lot texturing and rendering (and lightning !).

Oh yeah, I'm French !

Old 03 March 2003   #53
Joebount as Lunatique stated in his last post, we are currently full. But offcourse we are interested to see your work, for future reference.
But you didnt link to it.. please do.
Old Scientist
Comic Chicken
Bruce

Old 03 March 2003   #54
ooooops, forgotten it ! :

here

Old 03 March 2003   #55
Hi guys,

I'd like to donate some time to this project. I'm a modeler/texture artist. I was working at a 3D studio in Canada called Aurenya last year, but recently moved to Seoul to teach english. I'm still working on some side projects, but they will be completed fairly soon. I got a "website" which is just an ugly page thrown up to host some images of 3D work I've done in the past. check it here
I'll be updating the blue guy within the next few days.

Anyway I hope I can be of some use. Looks like a good project, with a talented team...hopefully this is enough to bs my way into it!!

Last edited by Savage_Henry : 03 March 2003 at 07:03 AM.

Old 03 March 2003   #56
great work~!
can i join?
away put a eye on u

Old 03 March 2003   #57
I'd love to help out on the animation side of this project.

www.3DBurke.com

Last edited by ed209 : 03 March 2003 at 03:24 PM.

Old 03 March 2003   #58
Quote: Originally posted by Roy
great work~!
can i join?
away put a eye on u

I asked you to join me LAST YEAR, before I even finished the screenplay for this film! Why didn't you say yes a year ago?! :annoyed:

If you're serious, get in touch with me. I also want to talk to you about working out a deal with IMDT regarding using their renderfarm and other issues. You still working there, right?

Joebount/Savage_Henry/ed209-- the team and I check this thread whenever new replies are posted, so we definitely keep all the volunteers in mind. When the timing is right, we'll contact you guys.

Old 03 March 2003   #59
need a webdesigner?

the teaser

Old 03 March 2003   #60
Re: Lunatique.

Cheers, I'll check out your site again.

Thread Closed share thread