Promise Promo Painting, (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2003   #31
Wow, wonderful....its really look nice, can't wait for ur short film, how long u need to finish it?! haha

Old 03 March 2003   #32
very beautiful painting. I really like the way u paint the hair, very delicate and soft. Can't wait to see the film.

-yan

Old 03 March 2003   #33
the woman looks like the girls in "dead or alive beach volleyball" *gg*

as mentioned before it really has a touchy feeling and it also reminds me on the neverending story weird *g*.

could we get more promo pics? or just some more info about the film

i'm running up to walls just 'cause i'm so curious knowing more about the short.

cheers mcf

Old 03 March 2003   #34
Hey looking good man! very lovely image!! cant wait to see what you guys can pull off! i'll be watching this one!

http://www.junkbattles.com

Old 03 March 2003   #35
Wow!!! That's awesome!!!

BTW... I would also like to help out. I think it will be a great learning experience.

Anyway, I would only be able to help out with modelling as that's what I know best out of everything else. I use LW... but if you are willing to give me a copy of XSI or something then... J/K.

-mic

Old 03 March 2003   #36
Quote: Originally posted by Mcf
the woman looks like the girls in "dead or alive beach volleyball" *gg*

cheers mcf
Of course, Luna obviously is obsessed with the girls of DOA

Old 03 March 2003   #37
Re: Lunatique.

"Luna", your picture is just master-class. I'd like to ask you if I could help out in some way, but I'm totally out of your league.

Still, I'm very interested in your "Comic-book" that you did awhile back. Was it ever published? I'll bloody walk into my nearest comic shop and snag a copy this instant!

I'll watch your production from beginning to end, and may I say...

...God speed to you and your fine crew!

Old 03 March 2003   #38
I haven't get on cgtalk for a long time (longtime=3 days)

So this is kind of a late reply. but hey, Luna, you are the man. there has nothing can suggest to make it better. It is already perfect. cool stuff dude!!!

Are you still at china? (lazy me to read all the previous posts, but i'll do that when i get home busybusy)

Old 03 March 2003   #39
I'd love to help out, there are however a few things that could complicate things... First, I use max, and I although I could use the XSI Exp version and/or Maya PLE, I'd have to learn the software. Second, I'm studying and working at the moment, and will be doing that until the summer. After that, I don't know what will happen. I've been offered a position at the company where I'm working at now. Don't know if I'll take them up on it or not...

Anyway. If you still find some use for me, I'd love to do modeling and lighting/rendering. I need to get better at texturing, so I could try and help out in that field too. With texturing I mean painting actual bitmaps. I can uv-map pretty much anything, and I am pretty good with procedurals, but painting my own textures? Still got some ways to go there...

I haven't gotten my gallrey ready yet, but I've got some images in http://pchan.cgworks.com/gallery Most of those are pretty old though... I've gotten better at lighting since then. Been doing interior architectural renderings at work.

Anyway... Best of luck with your project! You've got a kickass team on your hands

Peter

Old 03 March 2003   #40
Just wanted to say maximum respekt, love what your doing and will watch with inspired eyes.

Old 03 March 2003   #41
Lunatique, You know somethin'...

It's a non-profit project, am I right?

I'd love to cooperate, I'll have to elaborate on my time-schedule a bit.

*How to paint game textures thread

Open your mind...
Ctrl+A,
Del.

Old 03 March 2003   #42
inspiring!! yeah and...mmh pretty sensitive and hopeful. It seems honest, it can only succeed!

Lunatic as usual.... beautiful

cheer

Last edited by ghZaaaRK : 03 March 2003 at 11:28 PM.

Old 03 March 2003   #43
Simply wonderful, at first I'll be honest and say I tend to have a slight prob with your work looking too blurry or "soft", but after a bit the subject matter just takes over and that just sheds away. Simply beautiful and artistic. Love it

You have received the CGtalk choice award .Please feel free to display this image anywhere you like! Very good work.

upon receiving this award, it guarantees you a spot in the cgtalk gallery hall of fame - which you are now placed

P.S. Please email me @ tito@cgnetworks.com for the award .psd file

salud

Old 03 March 2003   #44
Its an honor to be part of this short story production, and with a kickoff like this, the next couple of years look promising.
Old Scientist
Comic Chicken
Bruce

Old 03 March 2003   #45
nice work.
I love it

Thread Closed share thread