Fairy Queen 'the Blue Hour', Stahlberg (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2003
just wondering

Hey I was just wondering,when you say you worked on it for a week, how many hours a day is that?
Anyways nice pic...like the dress

02 February 2003
Brilliant. Unbelievable. You are a true artist.

[s]

[edit] I don't think I'm alone in requesting a high-res version for wallpaper. 1280x1024 would be awesome.

Last edited by somlor : 02 February 2003 at 01:42 PM.

02 February 2003
Very nice!

If you bring this sort of expression and life into your 3d, you will go from being a very talented 3d artist to being the master

Contribute to the CGWiki!

Any views expressed are my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer.

02 February 2003
the only thing I noticed was that I think the hair looks a bit like smoke at the end..
other then that... its amazing job!

cheers mate
Joe :airguitar

02 February 2003
visual orgasm

the way the color's flow is ... exceptional

the hair and the pose

great piece

02 February 2003
Higher res! Higher Res!

02 February 2003
WoW! AWESOME! it's breathtaking even lookin at it! the pose is nice, yet the red hair hold the whole composition of it, the other side is the clouds! i really can feel freedom in this painting! LovE iT! im goona saVe A coPy!

02 February 2003
It's beautiful and very professional! I would not be able to paint that, at least not in Photoshop.

However, I'd allow myself to tell you a few things that I think could improve it:

It's the way that the shape of the queen and the clouds are lit. More lighting from underneath would make them more present in the scene.

The gradient of the sky could be less smooth - so the warms on the bottom read more separate, rather then softly blended. The horizontal line of that color change on the sky, if pronounced, would be more realistic.

The way that the ropes and the arms are drawn tells me that the fairy queen is moving away from the ground; on the other hand, the cloth & the hair imply that she is falling down.

And lastly, the overall tonal value of the hair, I think, should be about the same as the tones of the figure - in this case, darker.

I like the palette you chose, particularly the coldness of it, though the picture seems less real because of it.

02 February 2003
Great job as usual Mr. Stahlberg. I hope one day you decide to make a 3D chick in a 2D environment, it would be awesome!

02 February 2003
She's fit! , although I think the third bird from the left in the lower right corner needs work.

Regards,
Terry

Last edited by terryford : 02 February 2003 at 01:38 PM.

02 February 2003
Tiny detail

Really nice painting, you've really captured the feeling that she's pulling back on the ropes and she looks happy like she's releasing her feelings. It looks like the way her rear-end has been rendered could perhaps do with a bit more work. Maybe the highlight just slightly stands out. By the way, her feet and legs look beautiful, especially the shading on her feet and up the calf muscles. I can see it's gradually getting darker as it goes up her legs, but specifically on the left hand side of the rope with the highlight, I think perhaps it looks out of place slightly. Could it be taken back a little bit so it's a bit less strong?

Anyway, you've obviously worked really hard to produce a really beautiful piece. Well done!

02 February 2003
Another outstanding piece of imaginative work, even better than the last and only a weeks worth of work? Amazing.

02 February 2003
Hejhej!

Great pic, as always. but it doesnt do it for me :(
Just something missing, or the feeling thats she not realy enjoying it, its an uncomfy rope and the poor thing must be freezing... Love the hair tho!

02 February 2003
Seriously, I thought that was 3D for a while.....amazing work
Demoreel

Thread Closed share thread