Trapped!, Daniel Lieske (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2007
Frontpage if not the award...

02 February 2007
This rocks! Frontpage, please...

02 February 2007
:)

Very nice! I like the sence of volume you gave to the Characters!
The only thing that I noticed was the 'blue halo' around the boy. It's a tad to obvious you did this for the composition but thats just nit pikkin

5 Stars for sure!

02 February 2007
thats to cool for school!

great work top marks.
love the feel of it and the story you tell with the image.

EDIT* I think you should get a choice award for this !

02 February 2007
Wow, I just entered the painting yesterday before I went to bed and this morning I'm surprised with such nice comments. You really make my day here! Thank you very much! When I'm at home later I will post some sketches.

02 February 2007
Thumbs up

Nearly perfect! 5 Stars!!!

Stay creative
Chris

02 February 2007
I was a huge fan of your journey begins work, so that's the same for this one. Really like the colors, details, the way you put the child on the center of the picture...
Just

Vincent

monstrorama
website
blog

02 February 2007
wooow...Daniel you kiled me with this one! ...
<<"I am Daniel Lover">>

color composition is perfect!
also good character design and good composition

4*

keep it up!

02 February 2007
The lighting is amazing! I can't look away from the lower right corner, where the lights falls from the canopee creating saturated colors. You've got a great sense of lighting, contrast and colors. I also dig the amount of "figurative" details such as the last goblin running behind or the bridge made out of a fallen tree in the background.
Keep it up!
-IS-

02 February 2007
Beautyful! It really gives you the sense of a story beyond the picture. Really would like to know how the kid went there and how will he escape (because he will escape, doesn't he? ).
Frontpage for me!
G.

02 February 2007
I'm joining the love parade on this one.

I think that the best thing is the comostion. It's perfect. The choice of the scene and the way it lends itself to highlighting your main character while also leaving room for all of the creatures couldn't be better.

My second favorite part is the creatures. Drawing one convincing character is one thing, but drawing so many in so many different poses from so many different angles and perspectives is not easy to pull off, and you've done a marverlous job.

The other thing is the color and lighting. You've got greens blues reds oranges... I can't think of a color you haven't found a hope for, and the lighting is dramatic and convincing.

According to the furum guideleins I am summosed to leave a critique as well so here goes:
The angle of the hands and sword is a little strange to me. i think that if you angeled the sword up slightly or changed the hands a little bit it might work better for me.

A wonderful piece. Fantastic on so many levels. Congrats.

02 February 2007
Very beautiful and wonderful colors
good job!!

02 February 2007
Oh this is such a wonderful painting I'm gonna give it a good 4 stars! Excellent stuff.

Terence

02 February 2007
wow, those colors are just jumping out of the screen.

There is really nothing missing in this piece. It's dynamic, it has great character work, interesting light and a great composition that leads the eye.

Just pure eye candy and very educational.

My website

02 February 2007
I love this piece, and I love your "the journey begins" work.
Nothing is missing, and as in your previous work you pay a strong attention to details.
In the journey begins there were a lot of object reminding the theme of the piece.
Here there are the colours.
I'm writing this comment with the image opened in another window... and I can see that the use of colour is very functional. Cold colours are used to give the impression of depth like in the forest, but also in the skin of the far goblins.
The use of light and saturation is simply masterful. It keeps the ambient a little dark, leaving the light focusing on the kid. But the forest, the goblins don't miss their colours, so the scene keeps all the joy and the chaos of a child imagination.
The composition is very balanced, the character very detailed, and everyone of them is different from the others and seems to have is own style...
Excellent...
I'm working on a piece called "Enchantment in the attic"... you strongly inspired me with your yourney begins work... i hope you'll see mine when it's finished.
Bye

Thread Closed share thread