Abduction, Steven Hägg-Ståhlberg (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2006
Very cool, Great idea.

I luv it, put together very nicely, especially the way at first you wonder whats actually going on, then you realise the ufos in the background and then it hits you.

fantastic work.

12 December 2006
Aside from the amazing technical execution. This really stands apart for its story and its characters. What a clever twist on the abduction phenomena. Usually, one thinks of such things occurring on a lone highway somewhere in the desert -- not in affluent suburbia. The characters expressions are just priceless too, especially the man. As the viewer, you really get the sense he has no intention of helping his companion. Fantastic work

HelzerSketch Blog

Last edited by danielh68 : 12 December 2006 at 05:15 AM.

12 December 2006
O yeah i saw this in ur JB challenge....strange...only after daniel's comment above that i realise the girl is actually being pulled up. I always thought that the girl reaching down towards the guy from above, trying to abduct him.

I think might help abit if the guys' legs are pulled up from the water too...LOL....he looks unaffected by the tractor beam ......just my two cents.

Great technical execution as usual. And Merry Xmas and happy new year to you!

12 December 2006
Very cool and fantastic work! The back-lit water in the pool looks awesome! Excellent work on the humans.

crit:
Originally Posted by AUMAKUA: Just a comment on the skin of the girl, shouldn't she look abit more wet,with water drops running along her juicy isoparms? like the man's chest perhaps?
That's what I was thinking too. The girl appears too dry to have just come out of the water. I'm trying to imagine how she would look if she was just pulled out of water...

If that guy were worth his weight in salt he would be jumping up to save her.

12 December 2006
haha.. looks as though her top has been abducted too

12 December 2006
nice work and composition

12 December 2006
Well, I'm your long time fan, and of course I'm amazed with this new piece. Extremally good. mainly the characters expressions, extremally convincing.

There two things though that bugged me a little:

1. The 3d water. When I looked at this picture for the first time, I realized imediately that this water was 3d. For some reason it doesn't seem to fit perfectly with the water that's on the bathtub. It seems that the water you painted has a more irregular and believable behavior than the 3d part. But I don't know, maybe it could be just me.

2. The little water drops on the scene. They are looking, IMO, as if they were lying over a same plane, the plane of the image. Mainly the ones over the girl's legs. I believe some variation of size would add more depth to them.

Those are just my opinions, and of course you know what you doing much better than me Anyway for all the topics I followed from you I know you like to hear crits that help you to go even closer to perfection...

12 December 2006
Well, FRENZIEDmind, I think we've not thought of how hot this girl is, the poor droplets cannot stay in liquid state

12 December 2006
Originally Posted by jramauri: 1. The 3d water. When I looked at this picture for the first time, I realized imediately that this water was 3d. For some reason it doesn't seem to fit perfectly with the water that's on the bathtub. It seems that the water you painted has a more irregular and believable behavior than the 3d part. But I don't know, maybe it could be just me.

yeah doesn't seem to fit "100%" the 3d is perhaps a bit too crisp in comparison to the 2d ....and 'if' one is going to get picky the lack of wetness on the girl struck me pretty fast too....is a cool image though with a nice sense of fun

Last edited by flyingP : 12 December 2006 at 10:11 AM.

12 December 2006
Thanks,
jramauri, I agree with your comments, and also with the other comment about the lack of water drops on the girl. A few things for me to polish in the near future.

12 December 2006
Exiting concept. The facial expressions are fantastic and the water looks most realistic. Simply a breathtaking work! ***** Britta

12 December 2006
yeah i really like the idea, and you've executed it well, doesn't look too 2-D but i guess it is.

12 December 2006
WOW. Beautiful picture both in excecution and story wise.
I don't mind the 3d droplets at all, but I do agree that some water on the girl woudn't hurt.
excellent work

12 December 2006
great ideia & very hot girl! great job on the anatomy & face expressions! the overall looks very volumetric( but yeah some drops in the girl would look even better).
wow, no 3d base for the characters, very impressive!

Last edited by rawgon : 12 December 2006 at 12:53 PM.

12 December 2006
I really like how you did the light and water on his face and chest! Great! The only thing that's bugging me is the emptyness around her.. .somehow feels like there's somehting missing... Then again I couldn't paint anything similar so I'll shut up

Thread Closed share thread