Passage, Thierry Doizon (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2006
This is fantastic, the color pallet, the depth, and the anticipation of a secret gathering. I am sure it will be on the front page later today. Is there anyway we can see the basic 3D mesh from Wings without buying the magazine? Five stars, I would give you six if it would let me.

10 October 2006
Your image definitely gets 5 stars from me.
I did read this in the Q&A section of the magazine ImagineFX, I found it very helpful, thanks.
I'm very inspired from looking at your painting... I must now create something.

10 October 2006
Hi,
thanks a lot everyone, it's a pleasure to receive such a warm support for this painting, I was nervous since I've tried something a bit different, far from any technological gimmicks for once (which is usually easier) and it makes me want to do more. I'll post the 3 main steps later here, nothing really crazy but at least it shows the process.

10 October 2006
that's fantastic image man i love it great rendering

10 October 2006
Omg, amazing atmosphere! I also have to admit that you've used great colors! The perspective is cool too! Keep it up!

On second sight, there is many many wonderful details as well, so i must give you five stars to get you into the next volume of exposee! U have earned it, i guess! C ya

Last edited by Zocsi : 10 October 2006 at 04:29 PM.

10 October 2006
holy s... that's good, 5 stars without a doubt, every part is balanced and looks amazing, stunning work man.

10 October 2006
Wonderful piece. The angles, lighting, concept... everything down to that boat floating in the water and the roots running everywhere: perfect. Amazing!

10 October 2006
wow

WOW
This is incredible... Amazing colors and atmosphere !
Totaly 5 stars

10 October 2006
Very-very beautiful colours and lighting!Really nice work !

10 October 2006
Thumbs up

WOW! 5 STARS!!

-Jassar

10 October 2006
This should be a case study in perfect composition: The framing of the scene with the foliage, the rocky slope leading right down to the high-contrast focal point of the ceremony, the perfect lighting & depth of field.

It's also great to see one of these "ceremony scenes" done in a tropical jungle instead of a medieval castle. Fantastic painting!

10 October 2006
simply amazing!

I love it! 5 stars!

Last images:
Enuma Lyrae Nebula
Dhube Aphaex Nebula

10 October 2006
I saw this in ImagineFX and immediately fell in love with it! It has such a wonderful, mysterious and peaceful yet slightly sinister atmosphere. Fabulous job!

10 October 2006
This needs to be on the Front Page. Absolutely breathtaking image, Thierry. I loved it in ImagineFX and I love it here - just absolutely perfect work.

Thread Closed share thread