Goddess, Robcamp (2D), (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2003   #1
Goddess, Robcamp (2D), (2D)

Title: Goddess, Robcamp (2D)
Name:
Software:

Old 01 January 2003   #2
holy freakin crap that is fantasitc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see a plug coming on!!!!!

Old 01 January 2003   #3
you do great work!
I put your tutorials up in the Compilation thread on this fourm..
hope thats cool...
anyway great work! hope you post more...

Old 01 January 2003   #4
I have been extremely pleased with the new talents coming to the board, and you're second to none

Can you shed a little light on this image? your references the thoughts behind it and so on?

You have received the CGtalk choice award . Please feel free to display this image anywhere you like! very nice!

upon receiving this award, it guarantees you a spot in the cgtalk gallery hall of fame - which you are now placed

P.S. if you need a different background, please send me a PM with the RGB values.

salud

Old 01 January 2003   #5
I just checked your website, thats going up on 3dfestival.com I'm visually impaired now thx to you

salud

Old 01 January 2003   #6
holy crap... talk about good timing! im drawing a female character now and i was plum outta ideas for a position. damn this is inspirational! thanks for inadvertantly helpin me with my illustrators block!

Old 01 January 2003   #7
Quote: Originally posted by Gentle Fury
holy freakin crap that is fantasitc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see a plug coming on!!!!!

man i must be psychic!

Old 01 January 2003   #8
very "boris" and very well done

great color

Old 01 January 2003   #9
first post and you make the front page an award and a spot in the Hall of Fame .. you're battin 1000%...congrats

beautiful work by the way

Old 01 January 2003   #10
Quote: very "boris" and very well done

I see a lot of miss Bell in there as well. Nice job. good atomosphere.

Low - Poly Batman in Maya

Tiamat - The World Dragon (Maquette)

Online Tutorial: Character Rigging for Maya

Old 01 January 2003   #11
NOT FAIR!!!! Too Damn good.

Old 01 January 2003   #12
WOW! This board surely knows how to welcome new members!
I am flattered and honored of having received the award.
I wasn't expecting such a reaction, I honestly though my post was going to be kinda unnoticed as the artwork presented on these boards is of high caliber! Thank you all very much for your compliments

Anyway, to shed some light on this piece:

I created it for an upcoming book "Femme digital' from Ilex Press (UK). I wrote a lenghty tutorial for it that I plan to feature on my website soon.

As for my approach on the image, I started with a rough 2d sketch for the concept, then moved over to Poser to render a quick image:

Poser was very useful in helping me find a good angle for the pose and to help me out a little bit with the proportions for the body.

Then I moved on to Photshop where I started painting the figure on a separate layer, in greyscale mode. This way I could concentrate on the anatomy and the details. After that, I colorized the figure with the hue/saturation tool and the paintbruh tool. The hair was added ona separate layer, where I mostly used the smudge tool set on lighten to blend all the hair strands that I had first laid down using the regular paint brush tool.

The background was left very simple as I wanted to maintain the main focus on the figure (the tutorial had to be about how to paint the human body).

Anyway, thank you again for the great welcome!

Old 01 January 2003   #13
Smile you're uber good at this

I had no idea photoshop could do that, hehe. I did but still, it's incredible. Today I've seen 3 amazing artists, you, the guy who wants to be in blizzard, and I really liked this girl's work as well... She's got a portfolio at 3dluvr.com/ether I think. I loved her characters, but this is equally inspiring and impressive. heh it makes me all excited to see artists like this, one day I'mma be just like you. so yeah, later then, I'm glad I saw this.

Old 01 January 2003   #14
I'm pretty damn impressed thanx for telling us the tips. I could very well use it. Great choice in colors man, as that is really important to me.

Old 01 January 2003   #15
Really nice work and attention to detail!
Gotta ask....a fan of Cyndi Lauper (picts on your site)? Just guessing.

Last edited by wesware : 01 January 2003 at 10:53 PM.

Thread Closed share thread