Do You Know Hawk Chi?, Hawk (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2002
started a new thread about getting cgtalk posters...
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34264

that's such a brilliant idea.. i can't belive no one's mentioned this b4....

12 December 2002
beautiful.

Beautiful work. A very enjoyable piece.

I'm loving everything, escpecially little subleties I'm noticing, the orangish lighting on his coat, fingers, and pants from the orb. In the original drawing his arm was fainly bony looking, but in photoshop the way you shaded it, gave it much more definintion and realism.

The shading overalll is soo much eye-candy. beautiful piece of work, you should be very proud.

Peace

M.

12 December 2002
Man this pic really rocks. I'm a anime fan so i must say BRAVO

12 December 2002
I really love the skill level that passes thru this forum, you've taken an excellent sketch and created one very 'rich' colored version, I love everything about it, makes me feel like catching an anime flick

You have received the CGtalk choice award. Please feel free to display this image anywhere you like! Congrats again, well done, keep it up!

upon receiving this award, it guarantees you a spot in the cgtalk gallery hall of fame - when it becomes available

P.S. if you need a different background, please send me a PM with the RGB values.

salud

12 December 2002
Congratulations, Hawk! I was sure you were gonna get an award for this! Just be sure to overlay the trophy on your poster too Excellent work once again, you really deserve it!

Carl

12 December 2002
Quote: Wow, Really? I'd pay good money to get my hands on a poster of that, seriously! About time I started having some 2D posters hung up anyway... thought about distributing an autographed version?

Its pretty expensive to make poster so i guess i have to wait until i get some money. yeah i know its very disappointing, why can't everything be free! Anyway I decided to make this image into a wallpaper, i recieved few request for that. I'll let you guys know when i finish it. i'll make two sizes 1024x768 and 1280x1024. resizing it shouldn't be a problem for you guys i hope.

Quote: You have received the CGtalk choice award.

Wow! Thank you so much! I wasn't even aiming for that. Thank you. This weekend rocks. Yesteday I found out my image made front page, I wake up today and see I reiceved this awesome award (yes cgtalk is the first site i visit every morning)...hmm maybe tomorrow Pixar will offer me a job hehe just kidding.

Oh one more thing, you guys ROCK. CGTALK ROCKS!

12 December 2002
I LOVE IT!

from an anime guy to another.... rock on!

you might wanna give these guys a try (if you like anime that is)
S T S
ask for the amvs.... lol

12 December 2002
Really great work

The colors are impressing.... Especially on the orb and on the background...

Thanks alot for the tutorial... Really instructive...

12 December 2002
hey guys, i spent the morning editing the image. i bascially added light that came from the orb. i really hope i didn't screw it up.

if you look closely. i added light to the small areas too. added some yellow-orange to the eyes, to the goat-tee (if thats whats it is), some light bounce from the arm. let me know what you think.

12 December 2002
its nice

Launching July 1st!

12 December 2002
groovy

12 December 2002
Talking

finally decided to make my own avatar.

12 December 2002
Quote: Originally posted by hawk
finally decided to make my own avatar.

Hmm, looks strangely familiar...
great job, I think the update looks much more credible. You might as well leave it as it is now, otherwise you'll end up overloading the image with too much to take in.
How's the wallpaper coming along, btw?

Carl

12 December 2002
yeah excellent work, my only crit, the foot touching the dirt seems to stick out for some reason, maybe it needs more shading?? Mmm I'm not sure what it is, I like everything except that foot :-) Yeah I love the manga style.

Thread Closed share thread