Do You Know Hawk Chi?, Hawk (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2002   #16

yes great work

Old 12 December 2002   #17
hey friend ..

really nice work ,

i get into here to ask a question to you :

what model of WACOMs you are using , and as iam a newbie
on WACOM machines , what do you advice me to start with , any links ? ( i am user of corel draw and PS )

thanks

Old 12 December 2002   #18
my only crit is that i think the forearm muscles are a too defined for the character (about a 13 year old female if im right?)

other than that its a very nice piece of work

Old 12 December 2002   #19
Your Hawk Chi is Strong.

Pretty, mmmmm.

Old 12 December 2002   #20
Quote: Originally posted by poe
my only crit is that i think the forearm muscles are a too defined for the character (about a 13 year old female if im right?)

What do you mean a 13 year old female character? Hawk said it was him. Also, its a male, can't you see the "perilla" (beard sticking out of the chin, dunno the name in english)?

Carl

Old 12 December 2002   #21
hi.

like this a lot......this deserves a bump.....so BUMP!

Old 12 December 2002   #22
hehe, just looked at the sketch with no color, lol 'got root?' hat. hehe, i have one of those.

Old 12 December 2002   #23
i love it man and now that i know how you did it i'm getting some ideas in other words Very Inspiring

Old 12 December 2002   #24
no that bit wasnt obvious till i looked closely.

well, it struck me it was a girl tbh, theres someone about the face that reminded me of lain

Old 12 December 2002   #25
Great sketch + great colors = great image.

Very nicely done. It looks like high quality comic book art, or graphic novel type work...

Very nice.

AJE

"Impossible is nothing."

Old 12 December 2002   #26
thanks for all the awesome comments and help. hopefully i'll get some time and do the minor changes.

poe: maybe its the eyes thats buggin you. that was buggin me before but some reason i got use to it and left it alone.

AJE: thanks, i was coloring it at 300 dpi. i'm thinking about taking it to kinkos and making it into a poster.

Old 12 December 2002   #27
Quote: Originally posted by hawk
i'm thinking about taking it to kinkos and making it into a poster.

Wow, Really? I'd pay good money to get my hands on a poster of that, seriously! About time I started having some 2D posters hung up anyway... thought about distributing an autographed version?

Carl

Old 12 December 2002   #28
Very cool, the lighting is pritty well done, and I like the fireball. But It realy isnt very animeish, the nose is about the right size, but you used to many lines on it and they are too thick. They eyes are alot more american comic style than they are anime. Nothing wrong with that, I just wouldnt call it anime.

Old 12 December 2002   #29
Someone should set up a site for CGTalk members to post their signed posters for sale... commission for the site, cash for the artist...

In fact, I own CGAlliance.com, and right now it's not really being used for much... I have an idea what I want to do with it, but the poster concept fits in really well...

... if someone wants to build the shopping system... I don't know how to do heavy web-work

AJE

"Impossible is nothing."

Old 12 December 2002   #30
Beautiful work, really awesome. The richness and contrast of the colors are done very well, only critique is that the tattoo on his arm stands out too much, doesn't look like part of his skin. Keep up the good work,

Neal Holman

Thread Closed share thread