Summer comes.., Natascha Roeoesli (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2006   #61
Cool full of feeling.

full of feeling.
i love it... .. .
... .. .

Old 03 March 2006   #62
I love this. You know it. I just haven't had the chance, until now, to congratulate you on the huge response to it, and the front page plug. So *ahem* congratulations!!

Old 03 March 2006   #63
Very beautiful.

Old 03 March 2006   #64
Congratulations on the front page appearing, you're becoming famous and popular. See you.

My WIP thread
My gallery in Deviantart

Old 03 March 2006   #65
Summer

Theres a wonderful light airy feel to this one Natascha, and the girl is superb. The photographic influences of your parents are present in the blurred foreground petal.

'Promise of better days' are in her eyes and the awesome blue you've selected for the sky.

The glowing health in the face also lifts the air. This one is such a triumph for you.

Well done.

Old 03 March 2006   #66

Awesome pic

I especially like the way you delt with the light and the textures. She looks good

How do you get the colors to blend so smooth?
I have trouble with colors.

Old 03 March 2006   #67
enialadam
Thanks Madelaine

coochaki
thanks

keight
Katherine, thank you!

Spc
Many thanks to you too :]

Diegoth
Uh no. Well, it would be nice to be popular but I am not so sure about the famous part. I think it needs more then a nice girl painting every now and then

hmedia
Paul, thank you. I am definately trying to find a way to put the focus on special parts in a painting with my knowledge of photography. I haven't taken pictures in ages myself but it's definately a way of making the DoF work. (Besides the use of saturated/less saturated colors and value differences). I have been reading up on so many theory lately that I am starting to think too much.

Specially with some of my paintings before I have gotten all confused about weather to paint what would be right theoretically or what would look good. Also still trying to find a good balance there

Thanks for the comments everyone

My website

Old 03 March 2006   #68
Irate Velociraptor
That's quite a nickname there
There is a little blending tutorial on my website but basically there are quite a few different ways depending on what kind of look you are going for.

I am mostly going over the parts I want to blend with a hard edged brush with one of the two colors first very lightly. Then start color picking from the in between hues on the go until I have the effect or amount of blending I want. Lately I have used the hard edged brush without the size set to pen pressure and afterwards to hard edged with size set to pen pressure to work out details.

This one of course has much softer blending then some of my other paintings for example, to create a softer overall feeling for the character

My website

Old 03 March 2006   #69
Very beautifully

Old 03 March 2006   #70
congrats...

congratulations Natascha....

my website;
www.waheednasir.com

Old 03 March 2006   #71
So incredibly beautiful Tascha.. Amazing work on all parts of this

Old 03 March 2006   #72
tasha, can yousomehow frame this for us. not just a regular black frame, maybe something interesting and put it here ?

Old 03 March 2006   #73
Nikolay

waheednasir
thanks once more Waheed - much appreciated

nethus
thanks a lot to you too!

warpyy
I am not sure exactly what you mean. Frame as in: adding a border in Photoshop and put up in print size?

My website

Old 03 March 2006   #74
Beautiful Natascha, simply beautiful!!!

Cheers

Old 03 March 2006   #75
What a lovley piece of work, i can really fell the warmth and happyness that summer brings in this picture, i really like the depth of field you've achieved in this too, very nice work, well done.

-Iest

Thread Closed share thread