Summer comes.., Natascha Roeoesli (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2006
Gorgeous atmosphere.

03 March 2006
Oh my godness - so many comments, I am totally flattered this has been received so well until now.

AspiriN
I definately wouldn't call it perfect. I am still trying to find a good balance between leaving some parts painterly and rough and really focuse on special parts/details. Thank you very much though

SirNeo
Thank you!

iChiaz
Thank you kindly :]

mindrot
Thank you I really enjoy painting semi transparent clothing lately..it's actually pretty easy if you get the hang out of it (and happy accidents help too )

Poshspice
Aly, thank you so much (also for the guestbook entry). This is the second piece (next to my unfinished dragongirlthingie) that I painted semi transparent clothing. It's actually quite easy once you have a good base going. I was already asked to make a quick tutorial about this. Truth is I am pretty much letting it develop (much like the fabric tutorial I made for the 2D Artist Magazine). There are also some happy accidents woven in there. Mainly leftovers from the actual speed color test and sketching that was underneath.

I think I already mentioned how much I love that devil girl of yours. Why is it not on the forums Mister?

Gonna take a short break - I'll be back later (and thanks so much for the frontpage plug! just realized that <3)

My website

03 March 2006
wonderful work natascha! absolutely beautiful!

Last edited by Miyagu : 03 March 2006 at 04:07 PM. Reason: spelling..

03 March 2006
okay that is definitely one of the best i have seen lately, i guess its that time of year. anyways awesome picture, definitely deserves some in depth observation. worth atleast 5 stars. the picture realy speaks for itself.

03 March 2006
makes me feel like a holiday love

great great pictures love the composition the tones and the details

03 March 2006
*sigh* Tascha you failed! Its still raining and cold outside
na j/k lovely work! makes me even more waiting for the summer I especially love the hair (like every hair you do in your specific way) and her clothes, I have something similar at home and hope to wear it soon again =)

Deserved to be on the frontpage

03 March 2006
Wow! Your mastery of colour and tone is stunning. Not many paintings take me away somewhere else when I look at them but this one definately does.

I nearly didn't click on the frontpage thumbnail because I thought it was just another portrait study, glad I did though!

homepage:www.anthonyrosbottom.com

03 March 2006
I forgot: Aly I uploaded a slightly bigger version just for you The link is somewhere a bit earlier I think

Opeth
Thanks - that's an even bigger compliment if the painting actually made you comment this time :] And your avatar always reminds me of a one of the German Big Brother inhabitents who was in one of the first showings of that show in Germany. Can't remember his name though.

JulienHo
It's always nice to hear that something can actually evoke some feelings. Spring and Autumn are already done (Winter too but I am really going over all of them again..) They are in my cgportfolio

destroyfred
(hehe what a funny nick) Thanks a lot! I was a bit insecure about the composition..but I really wanted to work with a narrow high format here. To give her even more air to breath and have the watchers view raise up in the sky and into the clouds.

digital-bobert
Bobby, thank you very much

sandrum
I think some of my problems is that I tend to overdetail things - and it just doesn't end up well. Like I mentioned before I tried to find a good balance in this. It's not optimal yet though but I am a bit more happy with how this turned out detail wise. Thanks for the compliment!

Xeophex
So funny! We were just watching the latest episode of Lost yesterday (damn I love that show, they definately know how to keep us on our toes..) and I really love that actress' face. I think she is really beautiful. However I don't think she looks like her?

sirBS
Thank you - hehe your avatar sure glows more then her face

Jeroen Stout
yeah - I was pretty sure someone would mention the height. It's a give or take I guess. The idea was to make all the four seasons this height and change the colors on the sky slowly over the four paintings (like they would be one big painting cut into four pieces). I was actually considering cropping it for the upload here but it is actually part of my intention and the idea behind the painting to have the view go up into the sky (following the balloon and into the clouds). I also think it makes it more airy and gives her even more space to breath.

Abyss
Thank you so much. I really worked hours on her face to try to get the look I wanted. I am happy it doesn't just look blant :]

rubenmontecinos
oih - I am not quite sure what to answer to such a big compliment really. Muchas Gracias

navichana
Glad you like - and what kind of greek stuff?

snowkiwi
thanks a lot - I don't think atmosphere is a strong point of me but I am really happy you think it works here.

dunkelgold
Benita, vielen Dank! When are you going to continue on your challenge btw? I am waiting for updates from you

warpyy
to say the painting works for itself is definately agreat compliment - thank you <3

fasteez
hehe - that's a totally cute comment - holiday loves are the best

hagarun
Alexandra, aww damn - I tried :( I hoped it would bring at least some warmth to all the not so sunny countries (Switzerland still has tons of snow too :/)) And that must be a lovely dress. I had a smiliar one like this when I was younger..I plan to buy something similar once it gets warmer here too.

Thanks again so much to everyone for the feedback <3
I almost forgot to thank Orcoyoyo over at DA for some valuable input

My website

Last edited by Kyena : 03 March 2006 at 04:50 PM.

03 March 2006
Hey I love that airy feeling there and the motion blur is great. Nice work!

03 March 2006
Thumbs up

great work! hmm... yes; 5 stars

03 March 2006
Originally Posted by Kyena: RiuhongTang
Haha - I guess her face is a matter of taste. You would have prefered an asian looking girl? To be honest I am quite happy how her face turned out. It is pretty much how I wanted it to be: Looking somewhat young and old the same time..with a strong face and somewhat glowing. After all the saying that "She is in the summer of her life" pretty much means she might still look young but is already strong and grown up - knowing where she is going in life. Ok, I just love to put a lot of metaphors into my paintings..

And specially for Aly:
the full painting in 25%
http://www.tascha.ch/artwork/summer_25.jpg

Hehe,nice to see ur works to the front page!well done ,maybe I prefer asian looking girl,haha,anyway ,I am really ur paiting works ,keep the good works and good luck everyday~cheers!

03 March 2006
This is just great, a very nice composition bringing exactly the emotions you intented to give. I feel so relaxed looking at this pictures, it's a very peaceful piece! Bravo!

03 March 2006
Is it real or I can only see the Summer?
Breath-taking work! I'm lost in admiration!
Keep it up!

03 March 2006
simply beautiful. Congrats on a great job!

03 March 2006
Thankyou for the big one Tascha! That's on my desktop now!

Thread Closed share thread