Ed, Eddie, Edward, Marcos Aurelio (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2006
Very strong...Fantastic man... Congratulations

Alan

03 March 2006
I really like the character,but the background needs some more effort.The hair is really awesome.Good job

03 March 2006
Very nice. Much easier on the eye than this:

03 March 2006
Nice one!! Reminds me of Sebastian Kruger's work.

03 March 2006
waauv perfect

03 March 2006
hi.

fabulous painting.... every bit is very cleaverly treated..congrats....

my website;
www.waheednasir.com

03 March 2006
Wow that's phenomenal, and what happened to Eddie Van Halen? He looks bloody terrible!

03 March 2006
Talking So Lovely...facial features

Eddie Van Halen is a great player ,I love his music.
Er~I also like Jimmy Page and Michael Angelo Batio.

03 March 2006
thats awesome dude , keep it up .

03 March 2006
nice work ......

03 March 2006
I cannot find the words to explain how much your fantastic comments mean to me, thank you so much, you are very kind people indeed.

Well, here’s some detailed input on the picture :

- Firstly, Linda´s tutorial is superb and really helps when trying to develop a similar effect in Painter.

- Painter is an amazing piece of software, but I have to work hard to learn it inside out. There
and many possibilities with a package such as this.

- I´m a Brazilian fanatic of Van Halen, which began when I first saw Eddie playing guitar on the Jump video! I think I was a nerd before that ha ha J

In that video he portrays so much energy and passion, coupled with the love for what he does for a living. In fact when we love what we do it is not a job but pleasure.
After that I began to buy many things about the band which brought me so many idea’s for the many Eddie Caricatures that I have created. I have been lucky to have some of them even posted on the bands official website.

- Hey Roger, I’m sure Nigel would be proud of that hair! How much hairspray would be needed ?
ha ha

- Thank you very much Andy H for your faith!

- The thumbnail was chosen because the striped guitar is an universal image of Eddie.

- For me, Sebastian Kruger is the Eddie Van Halen of caricatures.

- Yes, the two hand tapping technique is his trademark, but I chose to focus on another - the whammy bar tremolo!

- Valeu mesmo Gustavo.

- Cristinelo, When Eddie is playing he has the eyes of a young boy saying “Hey Mom, look at me"! For me he will never get old! Thank you for your comments.

- Yes, I´d love to frame this artwork and give to him personally. I had a dream last night and he was playing to me and I was finishing this artwork to him, IF only !!!

- I know that the cigarette in the guitar headstock is another trademark, but after his cancer of the tongue, I celebrated his curing with no cigarette burns on the guitar.

- No, I´m not a guitar player but I love the instrument a lot. In fact I love to draw any guitarist (they look like knights or super heroes to me)

Well, below is an image that gives you all a step-by-step of what it took to finish the artwork.

Thank you again.

Last edited by EstudioManga : 03 March 2006 at 08:41 PM.

03 March 2006
I love this!

03 March 2006
Excellent work! Reminds me a bit of those old classic Mort Drucker caricatures. The hair is specially well rendered.

Mandou bem!

03 March 2006
I'm a big fan of Van Halen: one of my most favorite guitars he ever played with you captured nicley. Great job man.

03 March 2006
Beautiful work. I love the rendering and the proportions. Great work...5 stars all around!

Nick Rosario
www.nickrosario.com
Ice Age The Meltdown

Thread Closed share thread