Gone, Linda Bergkvist (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2006
I swear, everytime you post something, i do this
Amazingly delicate annd beautiful Linda. I want the book!!!

02 February 2006
Cool very beautifle.

No-no-no...
no words. here is words-useless! only this:: :

02 February 2006
I must admit that this is my favourite piece of yours, from what I saw of your previous. Maybe because it focuses more on the simple emotive touch, than on the complexity and detail. It's difficult to explain. I'd said it's like when you explore all the world without exploring the garden behind your house, I feel you're taking a look to the garden now.
Everything is focused at the right point, with no need of enrichment, except on that right point, true emotion (and I'm conscious of the fact that all that absence of highlighted detail around the character, but also rich of detail on the other side, is a true master achievement).
Technically I adore your skintones, and that one is no exception, expecially near the eyes.
You pay honour to the female artists that wasn't recognised for so many centuries
ana

02 February 2006
Lin,

Just dropping by to pay my respects. No point trying to find anything to be corrected as usual and I agree, it does resemble you. What surprises me the most though, is how much your work improves, still grows into it's own style as if it was meant to evolve this way, from the first paintings I saw of you. I honestly didn't think the technique could possibly get better after your last Hajieelkhe; still, the way you captured the light playing on the skin is simply astounding. Honestly, in my opinion, the most beautiful skin I've ever seen on a painting. I'm again so immensely moved by the flow of emotions coming from this, I feel my heart nearly collapsing when I try to absorb it all. I simply love it. Massive hugs,

w

Btw I might have rotated it 90 degrees though

Last edited by animalunae : 02 February 2006 at 08:16 PM.

02 February 2006
Gorgeous work darlin'! So glad to see more of your stuff

Just ordered your poster book from Ballistic too! Congrats on that btw!
Can't wait to hear more about Furiae. I'm wondering will you make it available through CGTalk or will you publish it personally? It's a sure seller!

Beautiful work on those hands! The closeup is amazing and those fingernails struck me first for some reason. Love the changes you've made to how you paint skin tones in the past few paintings!

Meredith

02 February 2006
Sweet!!

Hey, this very nice work, the hands are amazing."great job"

Dennis

02 February 2006
Hej! Lovely painting. It evokes calm and sadness just like you wanted... His hands looks awesome, along with everything else but still!

Thanks for being so generous, making tutorials and stuff at your level is good proof of kindness since you couldnt ask for much in return... When i have something to give back ill keep in mind all that i got from artists such as yourself and share my (hopefully gained) wisdoms with others.

I feel i need to improve right now after seeing this.. Im gonna go paint some!

Tack för inspiration och lycka till med boken!

02 February 2006
Another lovely addition to your work...

Wonderful image. Love your work. Question though, if I may. I am sorry if you have answered this before, so please excuse me for making you repeat yourself. I am curious as to what size you work in (on average). 36"x60" @ 300dpi maybe? I am also curious as to how long you have been painting/digitally painting.

Thank you so much.

Mahl

02 February 2006
A very beautiful piece. It´s very interesting the way you apply the brushtrokes on the skin. Wonderful touches on the nose A very instructive lesson to watch your artworks

Regards!

Zalo

02 February 2006
GREAT as always............and amazing detailS

02 February 2006
hah - ruhroh - I am just going to add to all the fanmails

another wonderful piece with the typical Linda-touch-style.
I know this sounds kind of snobby but I am quite happy that even though it seems a lot of people try to copy your style it always stays untouchable with the very own Linda-feel to it.
I guess it's the way you understand and use colors that nobody really could copy even though they study your pieces and technique to death.

In the end it's not the technique that actually makes a painting unique and recognizable- or at least not only.

For a little time I was actually afraid that you came so close to photorealism that I don't see the point of a painting anymore..but yet every one of your last pieces had something that you wouldn't be able to find or see in a picture. Yet again, the colors I assume and the way you use them.

I really really envy your understanding of them
Besides the colors I am amazed how realistic you can paint little details like the bottles ornaments. Well placed strokes which just create the perfect illusion of realism.

Thanks for the closeup too - I find it extremely interesting to see your brushstrokes and how you paint hands

My website

Last edited by Kyena : 02 February 2006 at 10:45 PM. Reason: typing too fast for my brain once again..

02 February 2006
Greetings

Yet another amazing piece of art from you Linda, truly fantastic. If its any consolation I thought more about Romeo (as in Romeo & Juliet) than Frodo when I saw this, even though it might seem far fetched. Shame that the image in the post is so small, I would really like to see more of those leaves and how they contrast/blend with the man (I like autumn leaves, even though I am not 100% sure they actually are in the image, perhaps I need a pair of glases ;-). Also a big congratz to the ballistic masters poster book.

With regards
T.

02 February 2006
Oh my god, thats just amazing..no words...awsome work (as usual )

02 February 2006
Annnd another great one

Now I really want to know the story behind it! what was the book release date again? (I know you haven't mentioned it, but we can pretend :P)

The first thing I noticed was the shape of the picture - a very uncommon one. I love that. I think you once mentioned that you never let the current canvas size control your pictures because, hey, you can always resize it. This one definitely shows that. Just awesome

Love the emotion in the character... he/she looks a tad bit like you and just a liiiiittle bit like Frodo (as someone above mentioned it). Quite interesting, if you ask me ^_^

The colours remind me a lot of Autumn Whisperlings, but only more dark and mature... it's crazy (in a good way).

Just can't wait for the book

02 February 2006
Wow,it's piece of art! 5 stars!

Thread Closed share thread