Gone, Linda Bergkvist (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2006   #16
OMG... is there any word for this?
I think no.

5 star

Old 02 February 2006   #17
As usualy awesome I wish, I could draw like you... 5 Stars!

Old 02 February 2006   #18
excellent as always!

Old 02 February 2006   #19
Isn't that Frodo and the Light of whatever... ehh...nevermind XD
You have reached yet another level of realism. It's totally amazing - that's all I can say about it. And I can't wait for your book (Actually... I dreamed of it today. Really! But don't ask *g*)

Old 02 February 2006   #20
Damn, ill never paint again... This really struck me.

Like CarpeNoctem, It also reminded me the frodo at shelobs lair scene from lotr

Old 02 February 2006   #21
Ahh! breathtaking masterpiece! - keep up the good work girl! - I'm wating for the next one

Did you have a nice time in the beautiful Rome?

Old 02 February 2006   #22
i got no original word to say. all the stars in the universe for you Enayla

Chronominater Project Concept Demo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQX3v3wtknc

Old 02 February 2006   #23
Bejeesus woman if you weren't so damn nice I'd be really depressed right about now hehe. The translucency of that skin is incredible. Funnily enough, I thought that bottle reminded me of J'adore a little, then I read your description heh. Needless to say, am over the moon at some new work to oogle, breathtaking as always *hugs*, etc etc ^^. Now I am off to scavange some chocolate and drown my sorrows, keep up the amazing stuff

Old 02 February 2006   #24
Hah, you make my work in 3dsmax look like bad paintings Wonderful painting... Nothing else to say really, you stir up emotions like few others and that's more than I can put into words.

Old 02 February 2006   #25
Arden_rey – thank you :]

Darthiir – It is? I suppose it is :] I like doing new things now and then.

Queenie – Thank you, doll! <3

Erilaz – Thank you kindly :] The emotion was more important than the technique here... though technically, I suppose I got carried away, hehe.

ElKrullo – Hejsan And thank you! No, ha ha, I think Johan would've strangled me if I'd forced him to do more than a few quick snapshots before sending him off. ADORE your avatar, by the way!

Agamemnwn – Tackar, tackar :] And thank you regarding Exposé – I didn't submit for #3, but I felt I had a few pieces for #4... I'll see what happens :]

Rawwad – Thank you :]

Arty2 – Thanks :] I spent a lot of time working on the skintones in this one. I wanted to capture a porcelain, translucent feel (if you look at the hands, I tried to hint at soft blue veins underneath the skin). Thankee

Sylvana – Aw, thank you :] I'm very happy you like it. Have a ton of chocolate for the two of us, huh? I can't eat chocolate at the moment (or drink, as it were... waah.)

Jm – thanks :] The placing and painting of the leaves took a lot longer than I had expected. Trying to get them to accentuate rather than take away from the paleness of the skin.

Digital_bobert – Aw, thanks :] I'm afraid you'll have to wait for the book regarding the story behind the bottle ;] It's a sweet but sad little fairytale.

Slickgreekgeo – Thank you :] I really didn't intend realism with this one... it happens when I work a LONG time on a piece (the way I did with this one). I work over the brush strokes and lose the painterly feel. It wasn't a conscious choice, and unless I have this big problems with a painting again – I doubt I'll return to this type of look.

Alexfalchi – Haha, yeah, I think I'm real, part-real anyway I might be half goblin or something though, does that count? I'm glad you like the piece: thank you.

Kbarts – Thank you <3

Chiaotzu – Thanks :]

Tobiasth – Thankee

CarpeNoctem – Yikes, the Frodo-thing never even occurred to me. Arghg! You're totally right, how frustrating! Haha... well, it's NOT Frodo anyway. I'm happy you like the picture, even if you've twisted my head around: I can only see Frodo now. Ack.

Kohina – Thankeeee... but man, now I can only see Frodo too.

Chango – Thanks :] And yeah, I had a splendid time in Rome. Wonderful city and amazing people as far as I'm concerned. Big <3 to everyone I met while I was there. ('cept for that creepy guy on the bus, ew!)

Xric7 – Aw, thank you!

Elsie – Thank you sweetie :] I did indeed keep the shape of the J'adore bottle, I just couldn't help it: I tried to paint the bottle differently but this was how I had imagined it, so I kept coming back to this shape.

Urgaffel – hey there And thank you kindly.

D'artiste

Painting eyes
Painting hair

Old 02 February 2006   #26
I have a quick question! In one of the detail pics you said it was full size. Did you mean that that was the size you painted the picture at? Cause the details on the bottle are so amazingly small for that size. It's just wonderful.

I can only dream of some day being as great a painter as you.

P.S. How come you can't have chocolate?! That's like a crime!

Offbeatworlds.com

Old 02 February 2006   #27
Stephanie - yeah, that's the size I painted the piece in. For some details though, I sometimes paint bigger, then resize and paste into the picture. This often goes for stuff like the design on the bottle, lace and details on clothes or jewellery In this case, I think some of it was painted bigger and the pasted in - I don't remember. Some is texture overlay I painted in another document. I use so many techniques, I can hardly keep them apart :(

And chocolate is baaad for diets, hehe.

D'artiste

Painting eyes
Painting hair

Old 02 February 2006   #28
Thumbs up

Wow, Linda you have to teach me how to get skintones so realistic.

Old 02 February 2006   #29
Its amazing, and yet i am not surprised. Great job.

Old 02 February 2006   #30
I'm not surprised it took you ages, it's even more perfect than what you usually do. I especially like the hands. And the fact he looks a bit like Christian Bale

Thread Closed share thread