Thief/assassin Girl, Kamui (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2002
whoa

Man, you have been busy! How do you keep coming up with these great images?!
These are perfect to hand in to you-know-where. Keep it up man, you're on your way!!

'Trifles make perfection, and perfection is no trifle.' - Michelangelo Buonarroti

11 November 2002
typeA: awwww don't say thaaaat...

Sleepless: thank you! i will try to do more and improve as i do so. i really hope you guys don't mind looking at my stuff..

torbjorn: well,.. heh, i intended it to be just a sleeve-shirt but i guess i put too many folds in it.

CarlCampbell: i see too, yeah her nose is a bit flat. i think i could've rendered it better. or just think of it as an asian nose

eunuchbot: hmm i dunno, i think it looks okay as it is...

Nick Unden: yo Nick! how's it goin? i'm just getting as much practice and content for my portfolio as i can
(o'.'o)

11 November 2002
wow gr8 work

teach me how to draw boobies like that
i always have problem with in when i'm drawning:(

ps. That knifes reminds me FF9, zidane have weapon like that

Last edited by varius : 11 November 2002 at 07:00 PM.

11 November 2002
neee~~~ Can't believe I didnt say anything yet. Kamui! Arg! Must have your brains! Hehe... that's really sweet work! Really hope you manage to get a website soon... You must have tonnes of other stuff there waiting to be seen~

~Drawing is telling people something without using words. It is communicating ideas, thoughts and feelings to others with your hands... It is baring a part of your soul to the world... So mean what you draw. Or don't draw at all.~

11 November 2002
nice work man....really creative...excellent use of design and color....post more!!!

11 November 2002
You have very original anime style.

Continue in the same spirit!!!

11 November 2002
Sweet

Sweet looking I'll send you info on webspace for free 100mbs and more!!

11 November 2002
woow..she's pretty hot
amazing work!

11 November 2002
she can pick pocket me anyday!

11 November 2002
This is beautiful, man. I almost commented on this the other day, but I was in a hurry to get offline and head up to the family's for thanksgiving. Keep posting sexy elf chicks. Or anything else you've done, for that matter.

09 September 2003
Great work m8

I do hope you get your webspace sorted.

Btw. I'm sitting here with a fresh copy of "Exposé 1" (page 59) , and that's why i'm here now... to see more of your work

She looks so good on print

09 September 2003
Great work! I like your style alot...Only crits i really have are i think her right eye might be a tad far out...In a non-stylized drawing the eyes are roughly an eye apart...Also i think the torso could use a little more of an S curve...Very nice tho!

09 September 2003
Damn !! thats great work !!!

I really like your style dude !!@#!@#

09 September 2003
I've added this pic to the gallery at CGNetworks. Great stuff.

L.

09 September 2003
[Leonard... isn't it premature to put a w.i.p. image in the gallery??]

I like her a lot! Exactly the sort of face that I love to draw - normal proportions-be-damned!

You asked for advice about the face, and you do seem to have a few 'off' areas, so here goes:

I think you should review ear placement - that ear is very far back on the head. Also, it looks like a very accurate ear, but I think it's far too detailed compared to the rest of the piece and it should be abbreviated.

But the main and most damaging error is in the eyes. I hope I haven't overstepped any boundaries in doing this, but I came up with a couple of options... I think they'll help you .
  • In the first frame is the original, obviously.
  • In option A, I approached the left eye by shifting its position somewhat to the right, and down. I believe I also enlarged it a tad, and rotated clockwise. While this puts it on a better plane with the rest of the face, the look of her is changed dramatically and I wasn't happy with it.
  • In option B, I focused on the right eye by shifting it right, and up, and transformed it smaller. The left eye was still 'off' a little, so I also moved it slightly to the right. This brought both eyes onto the same plane, and keeps that 'far-distanced-eyes' cuteness that's so appealing in the original.

What do you think?

HOLY CHRIST... I didn't see how friggin' ancient this thread is. Great. So that was pointless.
My METAL BUG o1 THREAD

THE SOUL IS DYED THE COLOUR OF ITS THOUGHTS

Last edited by William b. Hand : 09 September 2003 at 10:11 AM.

Thread Closed share thread