Hajieelkhe, Linda Bergkvist (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2005   #16
*Rifles through his collection of Broken records*

"Yup, this is the one!*

• WOW!!!•

Seriously, this is a lovely moody image, the colours are gorgeous and very well realised. Green skin can be tough to pull off convinsingly and often looks gareish and bright, but you have avoided that very well. The Reds off-set the greens perfectly. The area I find most impressive and the area I find my eyes drawn too is the chest/Coller Bone/shoulder area. The Pectorals and Clavicles are mesmerising. The Tattoo is also wonderful.
Not too sure about the highlights on his skin where the fabric strands cut into his forearm, too strong maybe?
Minor Nitpick I know.

Great image, I cannot wait to see more! You get better and better!

Old 11 November 2005   #17
oh god~its been awhile and this one rocks as usual~i love the mood

Old 11 November 2005   #18
Oh My...

How is it that you get such fantastic results with everything you do?
You are truely amazing. I am assuming that your works are not paint overs,
and based on that assumption, that makes you one of the most talented
artists that ever lived! I still cant believe what I see from you. So consistent,
and beautiful. Are we that lucky to live in the time of someone so amazing?
Are you a living legend? You must be...

Old 11 November 2005   #19
Talking

most beautifull. great work Linda, nothing to add lovely.

Last edited by TheFirstAngel : 11 November 2005 at 02:56 AM.

Old 11 November 2005   #20
times billion!! amazing

Old 11 November 2005   #21
Beautiful work as always! I would darken up the shadow under his left arm a little tho

Old 11 November 2005   #22
你真的狠厲害........................太強了

Old 11 November 2005   #23
nothing to say.. speechless.. me like.. 5 stars!
(btw, when are you publishing your book?)

Old 11 November 2005   #24
Wow, Linda, I really love this painting. You really have great skill in depicting drapery and subtle skin tones, which I love about all your works... At first glance, without reading your post, I wouldn't have the idea that this was a male character, but perhaps that is exactly the ambiguity you are going for in this piece. I was wondering if you could provide us with a little more of the story behind this character. That would be great. Excellent work as always, Linda!!!

--Brian

Old 11 November 2005   #25
Talking As great as always!

Hey, nice to see you have new stuff. I really really really love your works and they are simpliy increditable! I feel like that you can paint very very fast(regarding to your quality). how long it ususally take you to finish one piece? approx?? i am sooooo curious about that since i know it will take me forever to do that(and come up with a crap piece -_-|||). and, do you use any photo for reference?? i have no doubt abou ur talent and skills, just curious how you paint things sooooooooooooo real? how do you catch the lighting, color changing and extreme details?? your pieces have photo quality, but for sure no photo can be as expresive as your work. I really love them!!! oh my god, Linda, i feel that you must from somewhere out side of earth. is that true??

Old 11 November 2005   #26
Yay, happy you posted this here. =D I already told you how awesome it is. Fabric and skin tones are beautifully done, and it's always lovely to finally catch a character you've been chasing after for so long. The textures in this are so delicious

You've inspired me to take another go at one of my own elusive yet persistant characters, so I hope you find your own inspiration again soon. <3

Old 11 November 2005   #27
Thumbs up

As always awesome work Linda

Old 11 November 2005   #28
Wow!, this is completely amazing, you move in another dimension Linda, I hope one day to have half your skill. 6 stars.

Old 11 November 2005   #29
Im very enjoyed to see such tender portrait. Delicated soft colors .. umm... Very peacefull. Thank you for good mood :-)

ZEEBARA.COM

Old 11 November 2005   #30
A beautiful piece, Linda!

I love the composition, lighting and the colours, but the details in the face are just splendid! (and the tattoo and the hair and the fingers and the fabric and the... the...)

I know you said that you were overjoyed with the feet, so i hope you don't mind, but the only thing that bothers me is the little toe. I probably wouldn't have noticed without the close up, but the little toe seems a bit too cylindrical and 'sausage-like'. Maybe it needs to taper a little more to the end and/or have more of a curve on the top..? It's the accuracy and rendering of everything else that makes this stand out to me and it's the tiniest detail... but maybe i'm just thinking of my feet!?

And it's five stars from me...

Thread Closed share thread