Hajieelkhe, Linda Bergkvist (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2005
Hajieelkhe, Linda Bergkvist (2D)

Title: Hajieelkhe
Name: Linda Bergkvist
Software: Painter, Photoshop

Hi again everyone :]
It's been rough, getting inspiration back after the crash. I've done preciously few paintings since then and hardly any that have been finished pieces I've been genuinely happy with. Ironically, the new computer is AWESOME to paint on, so the lack of inspiration has been gruelling.
Aaanyway, a few weekends ago I sat down and started on the portrait of a character I've wanted to re-design for a long while. Some of you know I've got a 'world' going on, that's filled with all sorts of people. This is one of the ones that have been around the longest. When I first painted him (yes, in spite of appearance – it's a he) it was in water colour, when I was seventeen years old. The idea I had of him was to have his skin softly green and his hair black, but I couldn't quite pull it off. Thus, when I repainted him digitally many years later, his hair was green and his skin white.
The next version, skin was grey and hair black. Then, here, I decided to try my original idea again. I used dim reds to accentuate the faint greenish tones of his skin. I feel the colour scheme came out by far more discreet than I had imagined it at seventeen, but I'm finally happy with how I've depictured him.
As for the painting, it's part painted in Painter, part in Photoshop. The background textures are all Painter, while there is a faint, faint stone texture super-imposed over the fabric to give it some more substance. The hair is part Painter's palette knives, and part simple brushes in Photoshop.
That's about it :]
Here are some close-ups:

The image as such has been brightened from my original – as it seemed to show too dark on most computers. I think the close-ups haven't been brightened: sorry about that.
(oh, and I have to admit: I am very happy with the feet. I'm overjoyed! I usually hate all the feet I paint.)

D'artiste

Painting eyes
Painting hair

11 November 2005
Lol i get the first post!
YAy i good to see your new stuff.
Keep up the good work.
MY DEVIANT ART- click here

11 November 2005
It's alright I 'spose...

Golly! What a pic! I happen to be browsing and a new piece from Linda! The figure is beautiful, but I really adore the BG as well... Superb depth of colour with alot more detail than first meets the eye. If it is dark, it only adds to the richness... Edit: Looking closer, those hands are truly something else...I love the soft luminescence to the skin! Outstanding!

Last edited by Poshspice : 11 November 2005 at 09:25 PM.

11 November 2005
Beautiful! Such an enchanting figure.. wonderful skin and hair and all the details. Lovely, simply great!

"I'm gonna need a hacksaw."
-Jack Bauer

-My website, check it out!!-

-"Recall" in Choice Award Gallery-

11 November 2005
You are in a class by yourself! The hands and feet are so masterfully done. The fabric, tattoo, the face... just incredible. Congratulations.

Massive update to my site, tons of new art!

”I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.”
Roy Batty, replicant.

11 November 2005
Yeah...! This image have (any others) GREAT atmosphere.. I feel here your deep-felt

11 November 2005
Wink

Ouch... I forgot... -> 7 star from me.

11 November 2005
Truly amazing work Linda!

Is that a bird on the fabric, or just an obscure pattern? Also, what does the title mean? I am assuming it is his name.

Oh, and great job with the feet too.

11 November 2005
ah well, it's getting hard to leave a somewhat meaningful comment without sounding like a broken record to your posts Linda.

I didn't know you had computer problems - sorry to hear that 0.o
You have a green-shadow-thing going on right now, hm? If something like that exists..-> blah nevermind..forgot that you mentioned he is supposed to have green skin to start with.
It really makes the red and the other colors pop out more..it's great.

What else to say..don't really know..it's another absolutely breathtaking painting

edit: forgot to add - I envy you for the background. I was trying for quite a while now to use some texture brushes to create more interesting "wall backgrounds". Like Aly also mentioned: it's beautiful.

My website

Last edited by Kyena : 11 November 2005 at 10:19 PM.

11 November 2005
Red face

Wow, just stunning (as usual, hehe).

I absolutely love those feet and hands, and your choice of colours is simply perfect. :-)

--------------------------------------------
[ digital art by henning ludvigsen ]

11 November 2005
Amazing work as always.

I'm not sure I like the amount of green in her skin tone, but thats just me.
Keep up the inspirational work.

AKIN BILGIC
Modeler / Generalist TD
CGGallery.com

11 November 2005
Like Kyena said, it's hard to leave a meaningfull comment after all the previous ones. You absolutely are in a class of your own... hopefully I'll also be there in about 20 years Well, here's to another award winning image

11 November 2005
Thumbs up Wow!

It's beautiful! I really like the athmosphere and the lighting of your scene!
Great great work!
5 stars for me
and thanks for this piece of dream

11 November 2005
I like it. The inspiration will come back. Just have fun.

11 November 2005
Jeha, i think this is a first version from you:

but the new is better, damn, a lot better, as usual.

Thread Closed share thread