Matte Painting: Lonely, Dsedov (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2002
Matte Painting: Lonely

Some of you saw my last test. Here is another one before I start working on the final. This is a little different weather condition then my last matte, and I think it is a little more successful then my last one. I went a little further with this matte. I will have to work a little more on the forest though. Again all C&C's are welcome.

Here is a link to my previouse matte:
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26433

Matte:

Original:

11 November 2002
Here is a detail shot:

11 November 2002
god DAMN thats good work. 5 stars my friend.

11 November 2002
O_O

impressive!

thats truly amazing

11 November 2002
:insane:

11 November 2002
Very nicely done DSedov, this shows some true patience and observation of the real world, nice indeed.

there however are a few things (but of course )

- The snow looks like it recently fell and melted, most likely like a day old or less, but the Jeep kinda takes that away from the image here's why I think..

- There's snow on the top of the tires, but none on the road, and the road still appears to be wet, plus there's not "much" snow underneath the tires especially the rear one.

- the cross hatching in the Jeep's windows are a tad misleading, if they're suppose to represent the powerlines reflecting in the glass, then it's going the opposite direction

- finally the rear window is a bit to clean as it seems the jeep has been parked there for a bit, (going back to the snow on the tires) and there's no evidence of streaks in the glass from the wipers, plus if there was additional snow, it would begin to cover that spot ever so slightly

nit-picking since it's such a great image, but all in all

You have recieved the spanking new CGtalk choice award. Please feel free to display this image anywhere you like congrats

P.S. if you need a different background, please send me a PM with the RGB values.

salud

11 November 2002
QUITE impressive! You seem to be good with the matte paintings. Can't wait to see what these are going to be used for!

Gallery Pages
SFS Forum is here. 2MB attachments are allowed on these forums.
SFS Gallery is here. 50MB free display space for your artwork.

11 November 2002
oh my god!

that is amazing work!

just.... awesome!

11 November 2002
Great! stuff

This is superb work - bet it took some late nights!

Just a few questions...

Was this primarily done in a paint program. I ask this just cos i'm curious as to what you can actually do with it if you are using it in a film - surely you have to take motion into consideration - if this is a background matte then I understand.

Also, it would be nice if you could give us a breakdown into your method of working.

Nice work though!

Bet that blue house was a benefit to you!!!!

VFX

11 November 2002
Whooow !! Amazing stuff, i open this link and i was stairing at the first picture and was thinking "What should i be looking at ?" i didnt realize it was painted ... hahaha ... awsome work Sedov ... great great attention to reflection on the car i Love it ...

Robin

11 November 2002
Everything looks very nice! Quite impressive! But there are a couple of things regarding how / where icicles form. I'm from Canada, plenty of icicles form here. Often times, large patches of icicles form around the corners of the eavestroughs, and as well sometimes if there are bends or damage to the troughs large patches will form there where water is more likely to drip down from.

Another note about the vehicle out front. It looks as though it had just been driven, considering the freshly wiped snow on the back window. Generally, it is common practice to dust off the snow on all your windows if you're going to drive safely. So, I would suggest having snow just around the edges of the window, making it look as if the snow was quickly dusted off by hand or snowbrush.

Very excellent work, I love it!

11 November 2002
wow !
first time i saw it i thought it was a photo or a 3d stuff

It's a very good work Dsedov.
Congrats. !

11 November 2002
Looks really really great but....
Flowering plants in that weather.
Maybe a random huge cold front?

oh and that pine tree is duplicated.

just being picky

11 November 2002
That is freking awesome, Dennis. Really beautiful work. Some of the branches on some of the trees look disconnected, but you already said you need to work on the forest, so I assume you already knew that. Very nice stuff.

Thread Closed share thread