Glimpse Of Summer, Linda Bergkvist (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2005
Glimpse Of Summer, Linda Bergkvist (2D)

Title: Glimpse Of Summer
Name: Linda Bergkvist
Software: Photoshop

I felt I just wanted to share what summer in the cabin is like for me, when walking through the sunlit woods with my cat Azrael. I know this isn't anything I'd usually paint, but I had so much fun doing it (though I've got a cold so bad I honestly don't know why I'm sitting up) that I couldn't help but show it.
I hope you've had a lovely summer, too.
(the part I'm happiest about is that I actually managed to capture my monkey feet, ha ha).
A couple of closer shots:

D'artiste

Painting eyes
Painting hair

08 August 2005
Really a good work

08 August 2005
Beautiful, as always. This seems to capture that sense of innocent joy you get when playing in a forest in summer, thinking about old fairytales (to me, anyways...). And, of course, Azrael is just absolutely adorable in this piece. Fabulous work!

08 August 2005
very nice colors and concept

08 August 2005
Wonderful work! I have been looking forward to another piece from you. Gorgeous colours, this has a real sense of summer attatched to it. I love the lighting and the shadows. Beautiful!

08 August 2005
great work linda as always but this time with more imagination .. I feel unlucky today because my pic directly under your pic .. u know what I mean haha .. I like Azrael face and the grass seems fantastic .. very cool .. 5 stars absolutely

08 August 2005
Adorable image with lots of personality. Lovely colors. Something about the lifted paw on the kitten. Could be the leg is too short or maybe too much of the underside of the paw is showing. Don't want to nitpick it is a lovely image.

08 August 2005
Delightful, wonderful! Your work is exceptional, Linda, and I always look forward to new pieces by you. And you appear to have very cute "monkey feet" to boot! LOL

08 August 2005
Ooooh! Very nice! What a great mix or realism and stylisation... great to see a new pic Linda!

08 August 2005
))

Wonderfully!

08 August 2005
Haha Linda! This is so funny and cute... I love it when you do these stylized caricature type paintings (like your one of Azrael in the snow). I especially love Azrael's eye, and the background and lighting are exceptional. One comment or suggestion would be to maybe have your right hand reaching up toward one of the dragonflies. Amazing work though, like always, hehe.

Haha, monkey feet...

Last edited by bcairns : 08 August 2005 at 11:23 PM.

08 August 2005
Hi, Linda! I do hope you're feeling better soon. I recognized you and Azrael immediately. These caricatures are delightful! Thanks for sharing your woodland summer. It looks beautiful. Gone are the days when I lived within 20 miles of unapologeticaly untamed forest. I miss them here in this sprawling metroplex hugging our coastal desert. Getting to watch the local deer, otters, mink and hares literally playing was a priceless treasure. Thank you for reminding me of those times.

08 August 2005
Talking

Lovely work as always Linda. Love the kitty's eyes and the expression on your face. Beautiful. Lovely atmosphere too.

One thing that strikes me as a bit odd is Azrael'a raised fron paw. I just seems a bit off, and doesn't quite make sense to me.

Otherwise totally beautiful piece.

Last edited by mindrot : 08 August 2005 at 10:12 PM.

08 August 2005
OMG! sumthin thats actually different from the rest of ur work...finally!

nice stuff.

08 August 2005
I've been craving for more of your work!! Beautiful and fun piece!
When is your book comming out? hope it's this year!!

Thread Closed share thread