Environment: Post Apocalypse, Daniel Kvasznicza (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2005   #31
Nice one.

I think every man and his dog has done a post apocalypse piece over the years, but artists often make the mistake of not really thinking just how busy or indeed developed a city actually is.

I've often been left completely cold by such works, due to the fact that even amidst the devastation a person is trying to portray, there is simply not enough of a shell left to really give the impression of a metropolis... just an odd collection of sporadically placed, charred walls and ruins, amongst a ton of dust.

Streets are often relatively straight... You don't often get a building on a diagonal axis in the same street as a horizontal axis... People generally do fall short on these details. It's much the same as when looking at how someone portrays reflections in water... You'll always be able to determine the profficient from the dross.

In this piece, I didn't find obvious mistakes. Thats not to say that it doesn't have any... It's just to say that the artist should be proud of what they have achieved here.

Well done Daniel... Really looking forward to your next piece,

Repectfully.

Last edited by Trower : 07 July 2005 at 02:33 PM.

Old 07 July 2005   #32
Top Notch

Great Work... I love the camera motion. The shockwave effect really draws you into the shot. All I can say (several times) is wow....

Old 07 July 2005   #33
So real!

Amazing work!

Old 07 July 2005   #34
Thumbs up

good matte.. maybe some areas required more glows ..

Old 07 July 2005   #35
wow really its a great image the atmosphere is incredible and the sun in the horizont is fantastic the destruction is so real
nice job
sorry but my english is not good ji ji ji

Old 07 July 2005   #36
That is DEFINITELY amazing. I've always been fascinated by anything related to apocalypse (which I still can't spell correctly... >.>) and the clip just sums it up. I love the contrasting difference between the glowing sky and the dark buildings... to me that is just the total dawning of destruction. Absolutely wonderful.

Old 07 July 2005   #37
WOW! This is amazing. Looks 3d. I love it!!

Old 07 July 2005   #38
deviantart

Hey isent that the one you put on http://www.deviantart.com/? Still an awsome pic!

Old 07 July 2005   #39
Dear god! That's eerily surreal...

Old 07 July 2005   #40
Simply marvelous man

Old 07 July 2005   #41
Sorry to lower the tone

Yeah this is really awesome, I can't hep looking at it as though it was from the matrix. It's a shame I'm not as good as you are because I'm doing a matrix short :(

But 5*'s to you.

Old 07 July 2005   #42
Very well done ...

I almost can feel the atmosphere of this picture. Great

Old 07 July 2005   #43
Great work

Oh my!

You are a superb quality professional.
Thank you for sharing your great work here, you are 'raising the bar' and this enriches the comunity and other professional's skills are called to 'raise' too.

Best regards and congratulations! Keep doing this great work.

Zupi Portal (eng)
www.drsketchy.com/
SketchySP
eduardo.janiszewski@gmail.com

Old 07 July 2005   #44
Hi mate! great concept

Old 07 July 2005   #45
Daniel, Very Impressive. I like the sketch version too. Very professional. In some way's it looks like a 911 what could've been if it had kept going....It also like it would make a great mod for a counter-stike session. Awesome!
~ Gary ~

Thread Closed share thread