Qin - Mai Lin-chi, Aleksi Briclot (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2005
beautiful composition. I love the colours, and movement in the BKG. Nice cloth too.

07 July 2005
Wonderfully alive and energetic brush work which makes the painting all the more beautiful.

Thank you for sharing this.

Thanks also for mentioning Artrage. Being new to digital paiting I hadn't heard of that particular software package.

07 July 2005
Thumbs up

This I call FINE ART!

Great work man! Surprisingly I have never though on using PS + Artrage together! Thx for tip!

Libor

07 July 2005
this has such a wonderful sense of color, and the brushes are so effective in creating movement. fantastic work.

07 July 2005
Thanks everybody !
I'm really glad of the brushstrokes used on this pictures. Glad to read it's successful.

The clothing, the design and the character herself are classical and historical, because of the commission and the subject. I just have to manage enough fantasy and atmosphere to add to the piece without going too far.
The background was done using traditional sample of painting and canvas, artrage and photoshop.

Rubsrubs : and you forgot the abstract brushstroke here and ther. My fav parts of the image.

Trower : I hope so.

Woadiestyol : it depends but references are often necessary (how drawing a cow if you've never seen a real one ?).The most important thing is to never be prisonner of your refs. By being too close of it, in most cases the results is really poor and cold. You must make it yours and going further. Sometimes by talking about references, even when drawing a robot, a photographic ref of a car can help you to understand lighting and reflection, mechanic...You must understand your ref and adding it to your own mental "library".

PIPS : thanks

TheCleaner : I really have a lot of fun with it. It is like a kind of toy.

Jdsb : thanks too I've only posted four images on CGtalk.

Dasomen : I'll post more here.

Libor : still using traditionnal samples (scann of real brushstrokes, sketches, canvas, xeroxes...) can add a lot to a picture.

Thanks everybody.

07 July 2005
bravo an thank u for sharing this great piece of worki really like it.the use of colors and the painterly feeling..just stunning!

07 July 2005
Impresive work. Can't complain on any area. Simply amazing.

07 July 2005
I love the painterly feel to this piece. great job!

07 July 2005
That is a gorgeous peice!

I really like what you did with it. I really like how it looks like a thick and heavy oil painting!

EXCELLENT JOB!

07 July 2005
Thumbs up

Im absolutely delighted with your job..
Happy to find the great artist with rare of style like u...5 stars

07 July 2005
outstanding work!! nonetheless

07 July 2005
I am always really excited to see you post a new piece.
(I mainly know them from gfxartist).

You are such a big inspiration when it comes to dynamic - composition and stylish brushstrokes.

Oh! And I just noticed you made some illus for the Vampire Rolebook I have here next to me on the table

My website

Last edited by Kyena : 07 July 2005 at 02:59 PM.

Thread Closed share thread