My Red Bike!, Bobby Chiu (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2005
I simply LOVE IT! The concept is just amazing! I'm going to give you "the stars".
Great work.

06 June 2005
Red face J.j.?

My new desktop for sure

I grew up in the city as a kid and totally relate to the picture in so many ways hahahaha this was done very well. I really like the way you artisitcally captured the look of the african-americans in the piece (very nicely done), the little kid is just adorable with his angry self LOL.

Anyway, just wanted to say that what really struck me about this piece was that it feels like Ernie Barnes who was the artist that painted all of those pictures on the 70's show "Good Times". I really liked his stuff growing up and you brought back those old memories with this one.....thank you

I would really love to frame this one...

"I see my path, but I don't know where it leads. Not knowing where I'm going is what inspires me to travel it."

06 June 2005
Amazing!!

Five stars!!

06 June 2005
Very original and with a great sense of humor

06 June 2005
Your style is únbeatable! Good luck in the voting, Bobby, I'm sure you'll get veeeeery much votes (even more after the frontpage-plug, I'm sure!)!

06 June 2005
Top notch! Great work!

*sergiokomicDOTcom*

06 June 2005
Been following this along its progress for some time now. It came out great! Very believable (referring to visual quality, of course) and beautifully executed. This should definately turn into one of the favourites in the contest

06 June 2005
awesome!

this is absolutely great! I haven't seen a lot of pieces that make me jump or wring some other emotion out of me, even other pieces that are at least this good artisitically. This made me laugh, and pay attention. It took a moment for me to absorb the size of the dog, and reconcile the guy on the bike, and it was like - oh man, he's gonna piss himself.. This is really awesome - by far my fav 2D. you rock!

06 June 2005
Great job! Very fun!

06 June 2005
Great work !!haha~nice dog~

06 June 2005
Thanks all!

Kahwatikid - hehe... i forgot all about that. Now I'll have to try and forget it all over again... lol. thx

For Enayla - some details

Steampunk Myths n Legends

06 June 2005
What a great pic. The background story is a lot of fun and the picture really tells it. The guy in the back with the elongated arm is great and I love the clenched fist of the women in the forground. Some of the poses and just the feel made me think of the paining the Sugar Shack by Ernie Barnes. Not that it is all that similar but enough that is made me think of of-which is a good thing. Nice work I really enjoyed it.

06 June 2005
Talking

can i play with the nice puppy dog ....pliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiis!!

06 June 2005
Wow!

Man....they don't have grass in the Ghetto .. Great work!!! I would've loved to have see patches of grass and dirt instead of just grass.

06 June 2005
haha I love it. cheered me up.
Great characters, I especially like the black guy on the tiny bike.
No Crits from me :P

Thread Closed share thread