L'enfant De La Prophetie, Aleksi Briclot (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2005
Excellent work

06 June 2005
Talking Hans/Grimms Style

Wow...this reminds me of my favourite novels by my favourite authors of the old...Hans Christian Anderson and the Grimms Brothers. Just superb for a great story to tell...about sorcerors, bewitching magic and other juicy tales... I hope that book gets sold successfully! Cheers for your book cover!

latest WIP: Dragonfly/Snail
www.mysundream.com
Pygmalion Project

06 June 2005
Thumbs up

amazing work.
how do you do fire effects?

06 June 2005
Thanks everybody !

Andi Putra : some choices about light, contrast and composition were made according to th elayout design of th ebook and some will of the clients. I was afraid of having a too much dark cover and I agreed with him.

Blitz 55 : Thanks. looking like traditionnal painting was one of my goals with this piece.

Mike : Thanks for your kind comments !

tevih : thanks for the compliment !

aj_maceachern : AHHHHHHHHH !!

Raster Man : Yeah, it certainly would.
I was looking for something theatrical and dramatic with this image. Precisely with the trees cutting the whole image in several different vertical parts so maybe it results of some too much static impression.

twisteums : digital paint, some references of light and fire effects.

06 June 2005
Blimey!

hehe, this is no joke. My eyes actually watered a bit when I saw the image, the atmosphere and mood in this piece is so extraordinary. Great use of detail and colours!

If I´d see a book with with this cover I´d buy it right away .

Cheers

06 June 2005
Very dynamic, excellent feeling of motion on the hair and clothing of the main protaganist.

06 June 2005
Sweet

This image is now my desktop (I usually use stuff I find on CGTalk galleries as my desktops, so yeah, I love it)! I love the way you rendered the trees. they twist and splay in a very moody way, that perfectly complements the image. Also, the lighting from the flames and the moon on the trees is excellent. Can't think of any criticisms.

06 June 2005
Thumbs up

Yes, this is a very nice piece. one of the most exciting illustration i've seen in awhile on this board. but i do have one criticism. his right hand (from his view) - looks a bit awkward. his left hand is well done and you understand the positioning off the bat. you have to look a lot closer at his right hand to see how its positioned. maybe if you'd show his thumb raised or more of the palm... just a suggestion. overall well done

06 June 2005
Love the Owl there on the branch above, what I would asume is the Main charater. Vary sweet peice, I bet they are happy with the outcome of your work. I know I am!

Keep it up !
Passing good, or eles black lead."

06 June 2005
Talking woo

I like the scenery,ha ,like the moonlight and the terror bald trees.

06 June 2005
Cool

great work!

the colors and setting make this so expressive.
it also touches on my interests, magic and high fantasy.

06 June 2005
wow. great spell. And also great composition ...and envieronment

06 June 2005
hello aleksi!! a very good job i see ...I put five stars to you work with any doubt! textures and environment look very good ! great job! congratulation.. ..

i've a little question to ask to you...but in french...more simply for me..

Voila, je travaille actuellement dans une petite boite d'infographie basée dans le nord de la France ou je touche à tout ( 3D, web, vidéo, ...), histoire de me faire un peu d'expérience.En effet j'ai fini mes études il y a moins d'un an... Mais mon but premier est de faire de l'illustration. J'aimerai plus particulièrement réaliser des couvertures de romans de sciences fictions, d'héroïc fantaisy...ou autres; mais je ne sais pas comment m'y prendre...J'ai écris à diverses maisons d'édition mais aucunes ne me répond ..Voila, si tu as quelques conseils à donner à un jeune ki nen ve...

merci d'avance..

06 June 2005
Smile

What talent and imagination!!

Very beautiful background, I love your style

06 June 2005
Thumbs up wow!

wow!!!surprising good!
Very dramatic scene,it will makes me want to buy the book.peerless work !you rock

Thread Closed share thread