Master & Servant, Linda Bergkvist (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2005
One word - WOW!

05 May 2005
Smile

sooo beautiful!
*wants to see this on the cover!!!*

sending the very very best wishes.. and keep on painting!

05 May 2005
ImitatoR -- Aw, thank you kindly <3

Andy -- Heeh, thank you, that means a lot coming from you. I know, for instance, that you don't like fantasy work as a general rule and I'm usually considered a fantasy artist. It also makes my heart go 'whee' when someone tells me that my work has something of the old classical painters in it... as those are, as I'm sure I've said before, my greatest inspirations. Much hugs to you.

turtle-rn -- Thank you very much :]

feero -- thank you

jŚnnis -- Whee, thank you for the kind words and the helpful crits. I don't think I'll be going back to work more on this piece in a good long while, though. I've worked almost too much on it already and I can hardly stand the sight of it. If I do end up going back to it once I have put some distance between myself and the painting, I'll be sure to keep your good suggestions in mind. I think I'll keep Nature looking at the woman, though, because I prefer it more like that - but I'll do what I can with the foreground and such :] Thanks!

Goro -- Haha, my life is just work, work, work right now, I swear I'll get to the Typing really soon Thank you, I just love your piece.

Addy -- heheh, that made me giggle, thank you

Sacha -- Thankee :] I saw your final piece, wow! I'll comment on it more later, but I just had to get that out.

Mangual -- wow, thank you <3 that's very sweet of you

Jan-Mark -- Aw, you're such a total darling. Made me smile all big and happy like, reading your post. I suppose both of us, being nature-people of some kind, might take to this kind of portraiture more than those who aren't so into such things. I realised that you were of course right when you said earlier that I do moralise a little in my work, this one being an example of 'how' I do it. Thank you :}

Garma -- Thank you very much. I really do intend to sell this one as a poster, but only large format as a smaller print really won't do it any kind of justice - probably through CGprints here if they want it :} Might even sell it signed, heheh. Thankee, again.

Dulshad03 -- Thank you!

Kamui -- Thankee :}

Willemo -- Thank you

Dunkelgold -- Thank you sweetie :]

D'artiste

Painting eyes
Painting hair

05 May 2005
Hi Linda, your attention to detail blows my mind!, so much to take in an ponder. It is clear that you have honed your skills to a level many can only dream of. Congrats on a great piece of art.
also, thanks for the kind words regarding my entry! I'd love to be able to develope a style of my own such as you have with your pieces.

Last edited by Jezzarts : 05 May 2005 at 05:54 PM.

05 May 2005
flawless piece of work~there's so much to learn from u just by looking at this one.keeps me inspired.

05 May 2005
it`s very very nice

5 star is not enough.

05 May 2005
Cool

thank you so much Linda, makes me happy you like it! you always been a huge inspiration to all of us, i can tell. keep on rocking!

05 May 2005
Hi,Linda! your work is magnificent-beautiful colour pallete,love to detail,the mastery of technique.I wish success to your work.Only one guestion-why you decide to flip horizontal your compozicion/for my opinion first varian was acceptable to the eye more comfortable/? I put 5 stars,but it is not enough...I cannot to appreciate real art with marks.

Last edited by inky2 : 05 May 2005 at 08:23 AM.

05 May 2005
Oh my god... Your pic are the one of best work I have seen in my life.

05 May 2005
The brush never lies...I can feel the love and romance that you have inside you from seeing your work. It's incredible.
This is a passionate piece with soo much emotion. The use of color and light on thier bodies is amazing. The detials on the garments is great...I love that you give that just as much attention as everything else in the piece. The addition of animals in your works adds so much life and movement. Very well done. And I was just watching the film "The Phantom of the Opera" yesterday night. It reminds me of the "Masquerade". Maybe we can see a piece done on that..in a ballroom of some kind?
And I noticed you practically respond to every comment. Wow.

I can see you having success at garment/fashion design too. Would you consider it if you had the time?

05 May 2005
Wow, impressive! Thanks for posting the details - very interesting to see your control of soft focus and hard detail - you put a lot of effort into your work and it shows! Modern twist to the european classic style and the intringue of the Pre-Raphaelites - kudos!
www.carbonmatter.com

05 May 2005
You are really playing with my heart with your art.
do you belive that you made me and my GF back to each other just by sending these pictures to her
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=179689
and the current one
thank you very much.

i think you can make the world live in peace just by your drawings

05 May 2005

with photoshop

man. you've set a new standrad for me :/ the picture is excellent, beautiful and harmonic.

05 May 2005
It's very, very, very beautiful !
colors, details ( ).... Congratulations !

05 May 2005
WOW.... (speechless...)What can I say...
I am a big fan of yours.
I have collected all your works.
Hope one day I will be able to reach your level... (<-- dreaming)

Thread Closed share thread