Into Your Eyes, Linda Bergkvist (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2005
Okay, this time I really DID just think "wow". The colours of the face in the mirror blew me right away. Nice details in the mirror, great lighting on her back ... and her nightie is well executed as well.

Really, really nice work!
\\\\\\\\

04 April 2005
I simply love it, it is a great piece of art full of emotion and mood, it is nice to see actual art here so much of it is just technical reproduction and repetition of theme. I respected you as an artist and glad that you are part of this community and share so much for everyone.

Thank You
Ryan

04 April 2005
WOW...fantastic work...

I was hardly 5 seconds on the frontpage ,saw this thumbnail and thought this image can just be one of lindas...and well I guess I was right...!

It's amazing...how can you paint people so incredible real and artistic...?!

04 April 2005
One heck of a fine piece of work Linda. One of the hardest things in illustrative work, at least for me, is capturing that gut feeling and making it scream. You, have done a wonderful job in that...my ears are ringing!
-jay

04 April 2005
Blew me away Linda This new pic is just great. Love the colors.

Pitty the mirror doesn't have shards near the hole...but I guess I'm being picky.

Another masterpiece to your growing collection

04 April 2005
its hard to find an image with such thought and feeling.

A truly evocative image.
Thanks for the reminder of what can be done.

04 April 2005
Hi, Linda! Love your stuff. Very special, and very inspiring. You inspired me to paint something, the other day, after reading your Q&A thread, but I guess I still have a long way to go before I can come anywhere close to your art.

The thing I find more inspiring about you, (other than your art, of course) is that you project an image of "never give up, work hard and improve", kind of thing. Other than being inspired by your work, I'm inspired by that kind of message that I somehow get when I read your Q&As. Hope I can find the time to work a little every day, and maybe sometime I'll send you a piece worth showing, hehe.

Anyway, that's not why I started writing this, anyway. I just wanted to suggest that a good idea for checking your color settings would be by posting the same picture in three or four different settings. (For example: a- The way it looks good on your monitor. b- Same, for your friend's monitor. c- darker version. d- lighter version) Then let people tell you which one they see better. Hope that helps!

And last, but not least, this painting (as all that come out of your magical stylus) rocks. Big time.

Keep it up! (For yourself and for us fans!)

Edit: I know this should be in your Q&A thread, but hey... Hate-mail is a result of envy, probably by immature guys who 1- can't make anything half as nice as your work, and 2- can't stand that a woman beat them. I could bet that you haven't gotten 5% as much hate-mail from women than from men.

Not everyone has to like your stuff, (different tastes...) but a normal person would just say "hmm..." and look at something else. If someone goes as far as feeling that they have to make sure you know how much they dislike it, then they're not only immature, but stupid and know nothing about art at all. Just send them back a smile, and they'll burn in the hell of feeling that their efforts are in vain, hehe.

Don't let that affect you, ok?

Last edited by calzoncillos : 04 April 2005 at 09:29 PM.

04 April 2005
Awesome as always, your an amazing artist Linda, just amazing. You must be the goddess of drawing or something

04 April 2005
Wov, really, the work is on a whole different level. The skin of the face in the mirror just made the best off it. The only crit I can think of is the Source/Reflection mismatching. But hey, with the level of work, it is virtually impossible to complain.

04 April 2005
Wow
Amazing atmosphere and meaning.

04 April 2005
Good grief... another brilliant piece. You're truly an inspiration. I'm going to start using models now- this is just too good to ignore... as are all of your pieces, but let's just say a light finally went on in my head.

Take care, Linda. I love everything you paint. I always look forward to more.

04 April 2005
Talking

Beautiful work Linda.

I recently saw this at Devianart. Stunning!!!

I love the dark turn your work is taking- less fantasy and more psychological it seems.

Keep up the beautiful work....

04 April 2005
one word:
SUPERB !!!

04 April 2005
Nice job! really love the colors and detail in the fabric.

It looks like a big part of the right arm is missing though, and it doesnt look like she is raising her right shoulder.

Anyway, keep it up!

04 April 2005
Another good one.

I really like the faces that plague her in the mirror. I didn't notice them at first. Pretty freaky.

Thread Closed share thread