Into Your Eyes, Linda Bergkvist (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2005
wow ! you have become my favorite painter, your work is phenomenal ! i know once you mentioned you were working on a book and i was wondering when it will be out.

web/animation designer

04 April 2005
Nice work Linda, and finished so quickly too! I'm impressed.
Such a delicate figure and yet has commited and act so terrible. Very emotional.
~Ela~

04 April 2005
OMG! It looks absolutely perfect! Please dont change anything
First class work.

5 Stars

04 April 2005
Flippin' 'eck! Is there no stopping you!? (Not that there should be!) Wonderful! Are the days that much longer in Sweden or sumpthin'? (Slipping into Manc...) Sorted! Wicked...

04 April 2005
When I look at your work all I can say is wow. It seems to just draw you into the anguish, pain and fear found in the mirror. Your work is amazing and breathtaking. Thank you

04 April 2005
It looks a tad dark on my screen, but the details are still visible. Don't you hate monitor settings and stuff? My screen is at least 4 times brighter than everybody else's too!

Don't worry about the shattered glass, it looks fine . I love the expression on her face. Keep up the good work, Linda.

04 April 2005
fantastic, horrific.. beatiful... 5*

04 April 2005
Your scarey !!!

Gord

My Anatomy Thread

My Website

Good Facial Expressions Resource:

http://www.artnatomia.net/uk/artnatomy.html

04 April 2005
AngryScientist -- Well, I can't help but warmly recommend them. They're absolutely awesome, I'm watching them almost slack-jawed with wonder.

Isurus -- Yea, it's a little too dark on my screen, too. Hm, maybe I should brighten it a tad. I think my friend's screen is terribly calibrated, I'll have to kick him around a bit Thank you! (and, isn't Natalie much, much prettier? I was trying to paint a face that wasn't too perfect and pretty this time around, haha, don't tell me I failed again!)

Tariq -- Aw, thank you :]

Amida -- Thank you :] The faces scare me too, a little, so that's okay *giggle*

Aloriael -- Printed colours always turn out differently than one intended. Don't think I've ever had a piece printed exactly the way it looks on my screen. That's just the curse of the digital artist, I think :] Thanks !

Enialadam -- Thank you :] I'm glad to hear you can see the pattern, heh, I was so worried it was invisible after all my work!

Tiare -- Yay, thank you! :]

Lilie -- Yeah, I had originally intended a landscape for the background and twisted bodies like trees in the landscape... but when I tried it, it didn't really convey what I wanted - at all. The first face I painted in was the one above her with the teeth (I think I'd already started to sketch on it in my very first sketch), and after a while I sort of just decided that I'd go with the faces instead of the landscape. I'm glad you like it And don't ever worry about writing too much :]

Sebek27 -- Thank you I don't know when the book will be released, it'll be announced here though so don't worry.

Elaeria -- Thank you :]

Z3uS -- Whee, thanks!

Aly -- Heheh <3 Days aren't longer, but Linda sleeps less than the regular person. Thank you! :still giggling:

BeckyWC -- Thank you kindly. I don't often paint really emotional pieces, but I'm glad I can convey such anxiety when I need to. Yay!

J Cae -- Yes, same as here then. I'll probably brighten it a little, secretly, when I upload it to my own page. And yes, I hate monitor settings - I wish everyone HAD to use the exact same calibration so that I didn't have to sit around and worry what the pieces look like everywhere else. Whenever I've finished a painting, I always play around with Levels for a bit just to see what it might look like on other people's computers, hah, it always kills me a bit inside. Thank you

El_martino -- Thank you kindly :]

Gordon -- Hahahah, I'm scary?! thank you!

D'artiste

Painting eyes
Painting hair

04 April 2005
aaah, you're making me like scary things with your wonderful style and skill I love the concept of being controlled by your own mind. mm, I can see the pattern fairly clearly...*drool* that dress is to die for thank you for sharing!!

04 April 2005
Wow, very very nice. I love the way you used the mirror. And the clothing looks amazing.
Very dark and creepy.

Did you use any sort of reference (a friend posing or something) to match the pose with the mirror, or did you just kinda wing it?

Last edited by -Vormav- : 04 April 2005 at 12:43 AM.

04 April 2005
Wow!

Somehow reminds me of Cinderella and her stepmother/stepsisters although with a different and more cruel (non hollywood) ending. Also reminds me of the great seventies comic "Dracula Lives" that had an episode with a black mirror.

Although i'm not, by far, in the same league as you and maybe even not worthy to comment your art, i think it would be nice with a even more skewed perspective (think fisheye lens and Evil Dead, if you've seen that movie). You seem to master lightning, color and anatomy perfectly, now it would be really intereseting to see you try more exciting angles and perspectives.

Well anyway, keep up the good work!

Mats

Last edited by kaggen : 04 April 2005 at 11:23 PM.

04 April 2005
God, that's awesome!!
Sometimes when I look the mirror with that knife, I can imagine the incisive scream from that scary windows!
Outstanding atmosphere, and impressive character, I hope I will not have a nightmare when I asleep (only for jokes)
Again, very very cool and great job you have done!!

● 2005.6 NeoColour
● 2005.5 Jedi Master's LightSaber
● 2005.3 Mr.Full Metal Biliards

04 April 2005
You rules.
Great mood and concept as you always do.

Even if its a finish piece, ill tell you my 2 cents.

The hand catching the knife should be doing so more powerfull. May even cut herself while holding the edge so strong... i guess you know what i mean... more euphoria.

Same apply to her face... even if it is her reflection, i would have her expresion more psicho or like if she is doing a big effort. I guess you didnt want to fall in cliches but... just a bit of it.
Remember Darkos face? Hehe, anyways is just my point of view you probably have your reasons to do so.

Lighting and Color theme are so great.
You are a real inspiration to our every days life
We love you. We do.

04 April 2005
It´s really a great image.Great painting and great design.

Thread Closed share thread