Into Your Eyes, Linda Bergkvist (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2005   #1
Into Your Eyes, Linda Bergkvist (2D)

Title: Into Your Eyes
Name: Linda Bergkvist
Software: Photoshop

Thy soul shall find itself alone
'Mid dark thoughts of the grey tomb-stone --
Not one, of all the crowd, to pry
Into thine hour of secrecy

(Edgar Allan Poe)
A friend came over and calibrated my screen the other week. Now I'm thinking it might be a little messed up. But it shouldn't be - his calibration was nearly exactly the calibration that adobe gamma had suggested (and he used one of those thingabobs, it was attached to the screen and blipped and blopped, oh well)... the problem is that this particular picture looked absolutely iffin awful on another friend's screen. If the piece looks terribly washed out, please tell me - the colours are supposed to be a warm bronze-orange, and a purple-blue.
Oh well. I darkened it a little in hopes of it looking decent on most screens, instead of nice on mine and horrid on everyone else's :/ I might have to darken it further if my screen is the only one it looks okay on. If everyone is seeing it TOO dark now, I'd like to know that too. I'm going to take a peek at it on as many screens as I can, and then see if I need to change it back or something, sigh.
Originally, this piece was started for the M&S Challenge, but I decided to pull it out of the contest because I just didn't feel it fitted in, and I like my other piece more. So I finished this one and thought I'd show it to you guys in case someone wanted to see how it turned out :]
For those who didn't read about it in the challenge, I had a model for this one. She and her boyfriend just took a look at it, and could almost sort of recognise her in the neck-area, because apparently, her neck looks a little bit like that, heheh, so I will dedicate this piece to Mikaela - thanks for the help. Also, used a bit of reference for the cracks in the mirror. I've never painted broken glass before.
What more... Oh, perspective is skewed on purpose. The pattern on the dress took forever and a day to do and ended up showing very little, if at all >:[ The screaming faces freak me out a little, so I'm more happy about them than the rest of the image :D Blood textures were painted in Painter, the rest was done in Adobe Photoshop.
A few close ups? Well, here you go,

Anyway, enjoy <3

D'artiste

Painting eyes
Painting hair

Old 04 April 2005   #2
wow, I am the first to reply!!
your work is always breatheless for me!!
that is monsters in the mirror !
how can you drew these so real and so beautiful!
5 stars!

Old 04 April 2005   #3
Wow, another great work, so real and so beautiful ~!! [ I am the second to reply ~!! ]

On my monitor, overall, it looks warm bronze-orange, the mirror is a purple-blue, and not too dark for me..

5 stars ~!!!

Last edited by penemenn : 04 April 2005 at 06:03 AM.

Old 04 April 2005   #4
I can't believe how quickly you work! This is a really awesome piece. I especially love the lighting on her back.
On my monitor, the colors don't look washed out at all--> everything is pretty saturated. It's not too dark, either.
Thanks for posting

Last edited by wildsheepchase : 04 April 2005 at 05:48 AM.

Old 04 April 2005   #5

once again fantastic!

- colors seem as intendet (and they are great) =)

Old 04 April 2005   #6
Thanks for posting this, Linda. The colours seem as intended on my monitor. This is wonderfully, perfectly, Poe.

Old 04 April 2005   #7
So prolific at such a high level of quality... I beginning to think you're not human!

Another stunner Linda! Incredible detail and a very provocative piece... KUDOS!

my GSO entry | my M&S entry | my PORTFOLIO |

Old 04 April 2005   #8
Incredible stuff as usual - i sense another well-deserved frontpage!
Great to see some more hard edged, scarier stuff from you - not that theres anything wrong with your usual style!
Excellent expression on the girl, and the faces in the mirror say a lot about the state of her mind. It tells a good story.

5 billion stars!

Old 04 April 2005   #9
5 stars nothing else to say.

Old 04 April 2005   #10
Red face It is a perfection work!

I like it very much!

Old 04 April 2005   #11
ya!! your work is great but i not so like the blood,
hope u next time paint more happynest things....
btw your skill very impress.

Old 04 April 2005   #12
Fantastic Linda. Doesn't seem washed out at all. The only thing that pops out a little in my mind is the blade... somthing about it stands out too much... or was that the idea?

You rock the kasbah. Keep it coming. When's the book out?

And damn... your cloth just keeps getting better and better!

Old 04 April 2005   #13

super image.....looks pretty much the same as you described in my monitor.bronzes and blues....

Old 04 April 2005   #14
Very nice. going for front page again? I`m amazed that you have still time to paint while answering in QA forum

Old 04 April 2005   #15
Talking wow

wow impressive!.... another stunning work from you Linda. 5 stars! as always.

Thread Closed share thread