The Pale Voice, Linda Bergkvist (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2005   #31
Talking

absolutely beautiful work.

Each piece I see stuns me more than the last... supurb work

Old 04 April 2005   #32
Beautiful piece as always Linda, you sure inspire me.
I have a question for you-- how do you co-ordinate the values of the figure with the background so perfectly?
I refer to your work a lot for inspiration.
Oh and one more question-- who do YOU look to for inspiration? What sort of painting did you start off doing?
Another one, sorry How long does it take you to do one of these pieces? And how do you go about planning it? Do you work from tones first or find where the main colors are and work into them?
Keep up the good work. I particularly love your master & servant entry. Great details!! It's so much fun looking at it and seeing more and more little things pop out at you that you didn't notice at first. That makes it fun to go back and look once more....and once more....and...

Old 04 April 2005   #33
One of the best I ever seen. Nice folds, but the light shining through the fabric giving it the soft feeling is even better. Great work!

Old 04 April 2005   #34
As always, lovely colours and mood. Beautiful work on the fabric.

Old 04 April 2005   #35
I only got 2 things to say. GOD DAMN. I love the realism. After I read your little coments and saw the close up of his face, I really connected with the character. I'm not into roleplaying games but this one got to me. Great job.

Got any more???

Old 04 April 2005   #36
No way! Man, this is incredible! I know how to paint textures and do additional post-work etc... but this is way above my abilities! and a

Old 04 April 2005   #37
A digital piece truely worthy to hang in the Louvre or the M.E.T. Absolutely beautiful and inspiring.

keep up the good work!

Old 04 April 2005   #38
I saw this work on your website - it was so beautiful I just had to download it! Hope you don't mind?

Your work is always so wonderful to look at (but you knew that! )

On your website, you list Bach as one of your favorite composers. I think if he were alive today, you would be one of his favorite visual artists!

Methinks you have stepped out of the realm of art and into the sublime.

Gord

My Anatomy Thread

My Website

Good Facial Expressions Resource:

http://www.artnatomia.net/uk/artnatomy.html

Old 04 April 2005   #39
As you know absolutely amazing!

Here's a funny nitbit: I've tried a similar fabric in 3d, damn thing takes nearly a day to render out, evena computer takes days to do this. You have a brilliant mind!
modelling practice #1

Old 04 April 2005   #40
Smile beautiful, great concept as well

I really love this picture. I like the mythology behind it alot as well. It's nice how you can see the blurry spirit of the god behind him, like a picture of the boy cannot be made without it being there. The fabric is lovely as well.

I'm sorry if I upset you last time around with my comments. Don't get me wrong portraiture is great and you are great at it. Please don't ever hesitate to post a picture. Esepcially because of some random person like myself.

As always, love the pic, and can't wait to see what else you've got up your sleeve.

Sincerely,
Chris Smallfield

Old 04 April 2005   #41
I love the light of this " oeuvre d'art "
It' s amazing !!!
Great !!

Old 04 April 2005   #42
Man i wish i had those talents. You are a treu artist!

NGmultimedia Online portfolio

Old 04 April 2005   #43
wow so real so beutiful, I think you got special powers way beyond understandable

Now, Its so real...

Old 04 April 2005   #44
Wonderful work, Linda.

I think this may be your best work by now. I love the skin and the clothes work.

Looking at the first pic, I don't see nothing wrong but, when I see the eyes in the detail crop, the pupils stand out over the sorrounding painting. This excessive shade effect causes a lack of depth in this area (while you've masterly achieved that atmospheric depth in the rest of the painting). I don't know if you understand what I meaning (my english is very limited).... in other words: the pupils look slightly a collage work over a oil painting.

Five stars from me, Linda. Please share some talent with us.

Old 04 April 2005   #45
i really dont know what to say

if u ever wanna run for presdent i will all vote for u

i would really sell my food to see u working life
i hope Gnomon ask u to do somthing with them

Last edited by NightCrawler3d : 04 April 2005 at 12:47 PM.

Thread Closed share thread