The Pale Voice, Linda Bergkvist (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2005
Thumbs up nice

Nice..

Nice..

Nice..

Nice.. work you are the best..

Shadi Sabbagh

shadi@electradubai.com

04 April 2005
Linda, thanks for this whole new batch of things to think about. I, too, am a firm believer in taking "study" paintings seriously. I particularly like to point out elegant problem solutions to my daughter, who is just starting her 8th quarter at the Art Institute campus near us. She looks at your work, drools, goes off working on her next anime influenced (Myazaki and Kishimoto are two of the greater, current, influences on her work) piece, and your hints and lessons slowly percolate into her work. In case no one has told you this today, you teach almost as well as you paint.

04 April 2005
I love his purple eyes

And you did a great job on the fabric, the pattern is beautiful. The part at the very bottom doesn't look quite as realistic, the way it sort of flares out on the sides a bit, but it's very minor.

Eeeeek, having one's tongue ripped out must be painful T__T

04 April 2005
Eparts -- Thank you - and glad you saw the character in the back. I'm going to leave it open to interpretation, though, I don't like to nail things down.

BlackBastet -- Aw, thank you :]

ANARKY -- Thanks! I've been wanting to focus more on clothes for a while, and I think I have with my last few paintings (especially Ladies of London and this one, and, hm, one that I can't show to the public). The 'shoulders' of the character would be a clothes' hanger strapped to the chair, so yes and no to that question, and yeah -- there is someone in the background. It's funny because if you look at the boy's face, the background character is far more visible than if you stare right at it.

MichaelMotion -- Aw, thankee

<bartek> -- Thank you :]

waheednasir -- Whee, thanks! I love your work, by the by.

Abourabe -- Thank you kindly :]

Tomas Slobodnik -- Thank you very much :] I was very uncertain about the colour choice... afraid it ended up as too much pink (I have a phobia regarding pink), but I guess it works

Rizo -- Thank you!

Mysterious X --- Heheh, you've been sneaky and caught it at the site :} I'm glad you like it!

Ashakarc -- (I hope I spelled your nick right) Thank you. I thought a lot about how to compose the space of the picture - at first the painting was much wider than this... but I ended up liking this version better with its up-down flor.

Erilaz -- heeh, thanks. I'm trying so hard to bring the textures of fabric into my paintings. It's not easy. Faces, I've painted all my life, but clothes I always did tend to skirt over in quiet panic. And you're right - I should do more backgrounds, but when I do portraits like this, for a game for instance, the backgrounds won't just slow me down but be distracting in the small format. This picture will likely just show from the elbows up anyway :[ Thank you for your thoughts!

Digitalhadz -- Aw, thanks

Bao -- Thankee :} And no, you're not seeing things... but whee, I am so happy that people aren't too sure if there is something there or not. Means I did it just discreetly enough for the purpose. Yay!

Shadi -- heheh, lots of 'nice' there Thanks!

Keight -- I am so glad to hear that, you have no idea. That's how I worked when I was about that age, checking out things I loved and then trying to incorporate them into my own pictures. It's a good way to learn. Thrilled I can help :]

Peachysticks -- Thankee :} Would you believe I had contacts that exact same colour when I was younger? *snf* I miss my lilac eyes. As for the bottom of the picture, you are so right. I should have worked more on it but lost heart for the picture - most pictures I can only remain interested in for so long, and then I need to move on to something else. By the way, absolutely loved your dark elf. Glorious.

D'artiste

Painting eyes
Painting hair

04 April 2005
hey linda,very soft color in this image..and her expression is very lively...great work~_~!!!

04 April 2005
Originally Posted by Enayla:

ANARKY -- Thanks! I've been wanting to focus more on clothes for a while, and I think I have with my last few paintings (especially Ladies of London and this one, and, hm, one that I can't show to the public). The 'shoulders' of the character would be a clothes' hanger strapped to the chair, so yes and no to that question, and yeah -- there is someone in the background. It's funny because if you look at the boy's face, the background character is far more visible than if you stare right at it.

Well, you are doing really well with your clothes, and this image shows that beautifully. The areas I find as being perticularly interesting are the lace, and the Pattern on the sleaves.
You have also caught the folds on the fabric very well.

Your ladies of London image is my favorite of your works I have seen. The Oriental Lady is just breathtakingly rendered. A real insperation!

Bravo, and indeed, Encore!

04 April 2005
great pic i especialy like the blurred image of the man on the wall behiond her looking down it kinda makes the whole thing have a lot more meaning. once again superb work, it is always something to aspire to.

04 April 2005
hi linda, gorgeous as usual. I love the clothes. Too bad it's gonna be cut from the elbows, I think the lower part of the picture is the best. I love how the yellow light from the left falls on his dress.

Speakin of which, I don't know whether you did it intentionally, but it seems like there's yellow morning light coming from the left (what I dig), but lighter, white light from the right (her hands). This is ok, but his face seems to be kind of unaffected, like it's lighted frontal

I hardly dare to crit this piece, but take it or leave it, it's up to you.
dig the dress texture, I really do.

04 April 2005
Great work, specially with her dress

04 April 2005
insanely beautiful. can we see get a hi-res version, or am I being dumb cuz I missed it...?

04 April 2005
beautifully done.. you did an amazing job with painting the cloth and the character. Nice color scheme. Thanks for posting this here.. I don't see anything wrong with you doing your thing-- painting characters.

04 April 2005
Hats off....

04 April 2005
Aaaand another award for your collection -_-
awesome piece of art

04 April 2005
Make a tutorial on cloth! Make a tutorial cd and sell it ! But make the tutorial on cloth for free use Please! You know how much cash you could be making with those cd's ! I always wanted to do a photorealstic style, but I'm still learning the secret ! You make me want to work hard so I can one day be as good as you or even surpass you ! GRRRR DARN YUOR GREATNESS!

04 April 2005
Linda, please go on vacations. And please come to Portugal. And please, send me an e-mail and you do so.

Lovely, Linda, as allways.[*] luv.

Scannerlicker!

Thread Closed share thread